DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: rooting?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    brian_leuze
    Phone
    Crackflasher on the G Nexus
    I will also be keeping my eye on this. My wife just picked one up last Friday and loves the phone! She is coming from the D2 as well that was rooted and had all her pink meter/icons and wants those back...lol. Hopefully someone achieves root on this very nice phone. If I didn't get rid of the DX for the GNex, I woulda switched to this phone in a heartbeat.
    I'll help out any way I can! That's what Android is all about.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr M
    Yeah, my D2 was rooted and had Libery3 ROM, and I loved it. I definitrly miss the tinkering already, so fingers crossed that we get some toys soon.

I wonder if doing an SBF would reset that root counter thing.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr M
    A lot of the files are read only. I have 4 windows open digging into the read only folders exploring before diving in too far lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rooting?-forumrunner_20120923_203214.png   rooting?-forumrunner_20120923_203205.png  
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr M
    Well phone rebooted.. as I was working with permissions to drop the su file in... stupid encrypted boot loader. I kinda want my D4 back..
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr M
    I don't get why they make it so painful. I mean, the percentage of people who root has GOT to be very small, and the whole point of the Android OS is to be able to do what you want with it. If I wanted this kind of a pain, I'd get an iThing.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    brian_leuze
    Phone
    From what I've been told, don't expect root on this phone! A few reasons that keep getting mentioned:

1. The guy (Dr.Bliss) that did all the rooting of Moto phones, has stopped working on them.
    2. Apparently this is why they made the dev edition. So no one needed to find the exploit.
    3. Since there is a dev edition, there is NO NEED to root the regular non $600 phone!!!! That is BS if you ask me.

Hopefully someone that cares about us poor folks that can't spend $600 on EVERY phone that comes out will keep trying anyway and come up with a root method.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    ALEXANDER641
    Phone
    MOTOROLA RAZR M
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan187 View Post
    From what I've been told, don't expect root on this phone! A few reasons that keep getting mentioned:

1. The guy (Dr.Bliss) that did all the rooting of Moto phones, has stopped working on them.
    2. Apparently this is why they made the dev edition. So no one needed to find the exploit.
    3. Since there is a dev edition, there is NO NEED to root the regular non $600 phone!!!! That is BS if you ask me.

Hopefully someone that cares about us poor folks that can't spend $600 on EVERY phone that comes out will keep trying anyway and come up with a root method.
    Really? That is the worst news Ive heard yet today. I just picked up the RAZR M on sunday after relocating to a town that is dominated by verizon "Or so Ive been told", and was really dissapointed to see I there was no option to move Apps to the External SD card. And besides that, I was just starting to learn about building ROMS and was hoping to use my "Paid for" ROM TOOLBOX app on it.. I hope someone figures it out soon. Otherwise I may have to return it before the two weeks are up. Are there any new DROIDS better for rooting? thank you all for shareing.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Twitter
    mattlgroff
    Phone
    T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan187 View Post

You don't have to spend $600 to get root, you can choose another phone without a locked bootloader. Don't buy a locked device and expect root and roms that is absolutely silly.
    If anyone is feeling generous and wants to buy me a "beer" then click the link below the spinning batarang.

Help Repair Gotham City

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Bionic ICS
    I wouldn't necessarily expect a root within 2 weeks. I read somewhere that the person that used to come up with the methods for rooting the Motorola phones no longer has a Moto phone and won't be working on it anymore.
    Expected ICS late Q3 or Q4(2012). I called it back in February 2012!

Now Expecting JB late Q2 2013. I called it back in October 2012!

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    brian_leuze
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by mattlgroff View Post
    You don't have to spend $600 to get root, you can choose another phone without a locked bootloader. Don't buy a locked device and expect root and roms that is absolutely silly.
    Well if you already have the phone, you can't just choose another phone then can you? Unless it's within the 14 day return period, you'd have to buy another one. So if you want root right now, you need to spend the $600 on the dev edition to obtain that. What I'm saying is this: not everyone can afford to buy the dev edition of a phone just to be able to change things in it. Imagine if Moto had done this with the OG Droid/D2/DX/D3/D4/Bionic and so on. There would be no need for websites like this as no one without a dev edition phone would have root access.

I don't think anyone EXPECTS root. But I personally don't think just because there is a dev edition of a phone available (for 3x's the price mind you) that the rest who can only afford the 'regular' edition should get left out. I wish I could be one of the guys that can spend $5k-10k a yr on phones like some do. (or have them bought for me or donated to me) But alas, I cannot. So those like me have to sit and wait patiently to see if one of the killer devs takes the time to find a root exploit for the rest of us.

People have said that this phone is a "throw away phone" and that it's just a "hold me over" phone until the next Razr drops. Well, I think if this phones was to get root, that would be a TOTAL LIE! This is seriously a great phone. I have the Gnex and the M is my wife's, but I can say this too, if there was root already for it, I would trade my Nexus for this phone. In a heartbeat! It's small, fast and has tremendous battery life. That may sound crazy to some but it's true.
    Last edited by cubsfan187; 09-26-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links