DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: why no 4.2.2 or 4.3 update

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    I just think its pretty crappy that those of us with the RAZR HD are still running 4.1.2, Motorola is now owned by Google and we still are given the shaft... its sad to see that Samsung and HTC devices get the updates and here we are still waiting. in my opinion I don't think we will and will be stuck with 4.1.2.....
    Last edited by alafferty82081; 07-27-2013 at 10:29 AM.
    Ashrock31

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Bionic, Gnex, N7, RMHD, G2
    your doing better than me, my rmhd is still on 4.1.2
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    It has nothing to do with Motorola or Google it's all on Verizon. They are the ones that hold back the updates.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    My rmhd is working well on 4.1.2. It would be great to get 4.3, but I'm not expecting it. When I upgrade in 10 months, I'm planning to buy a phone released with Android 5.0.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    The fact of the matter is we have last years device line. I blame the lack of these updates on Verizon, Google, and Motorola. It's simple these 3 companies want to make money and more money, so they launch a new device line. The goal is to sell new devices and our older phone goes into the Limited maintenance program.

What I find surprising is that Google will launch these next 4 devices on 4.2.2, while other manufacturers are updating to 4.3. Which it seems obvious that Googlerola cares more about its competition instead of their own brand.

I don't expect much from Verizon, Google, or Motorola with my RMHD. It would be nice to have 4.2.2 Kernel, but as for expectations, I am holding the last Motorola device with Expandable SD card storage and Unlocked Boot loader device.:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    If you like this signature click on it, copy the [IMG] middle "URL" link to your signature-> in your settings... Enjoy!

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR MEGA FAIL HD
    Quote Originally Posted by KaChow View Post
    The fact of the matter is we have last years device line. I blame the lack of these updates on Verizon, Google, and Motorola. It's simple these 3 companies want to make money and more money, so they launch a new device line. The goal is to sell new devices and our older phone goes into the Limited maintenance program.

What I find surprising is that Google will launch these next 4 devices on 4.2.2, while other manufacturers are updating to 4.3. Which it seems obvious that Googlerola cares more about its competition instead of their own brand.

I don't expect much from Verizon, Google, or Motorola with my RMHD. It would be nice to have 4.2.2 Kernel, but as for expectations, I am holding the last Motorola device with Expandable SD card storage and Unlocked Boot loader device.:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    LOL, and this is on your tag:

"Motorola Mobility, owned by Google, fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people's lives."

And who care about 4.2? For what? To make the phone slower? More buggier? I rather keep what I have, keep my fingers crossed that software specifically for this line up comes out and reduces lag by even 30% and I would be happy!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Glad your phone runs smooth, I don't see how with the same 1 GB ram I have... the fact of the matter is that 4.2.2 is supposed to be optimized to use less ram meaning a faster all around experience, so to me that sounds a lot better than a phone that run smooth MOST of the time.
    Ashrock31
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR MEGA FAIL HD
    Quote Originally Posted by alafferty82081 View Post
    Glad your phone runs smooth, I don't see how with the same 1 GB ram I have... the fact of the matter is that 4.2.2 is supposed to be optimized to use less ram meaning a faster all around experience, so to me that sounds a lot better than a phone that run smooth MOST of the time.
    This phone ran smooth for a week, then once you started downloading apps and customizing it, it all went down hill. I bought it due to the reviews, and honestly, I truly feel if they reviewed it for over a week (downloading, etc) they would not have praised it as much, just the battery.

This phone really is "good" but not like how they hyped it. Just now my phone went off for a calendar event and scared the hell out of me it was so loud, despite me putting the volume down to 20%, you have to go into settings, then to volumes, then individually set ALL 5 volumes. What??? Really???

Its also slower than a snail today, again. Its past the return policy, but I have insurance on it, but its a 100 dollar deductible and I am really considering a "smash Youtube Video" on it to let out my frustration, this thing today is a piece of crap

I can only hope that there is some serious update coming soon, or this thing will be updated to the ground!
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    My phone runs fine. Hardly ever lags.
    Especially with a different launcher.
    Johnny, your phone is still under warranty and as such you could get a FREE replacement. You don't have to pay. If it's broken and I am quite sure yours is.

And I certainly wouldn't count us out on 4.2 yet.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Yes my phone runs very smooth as well, but I get the stutter now and then on the stock launcher, I don't think I should have to install a launcher for my phone to run smooth all the time that should happen straight out the box...not to mention that the camera is very erratic and terrible in low light.....it should take good shots in all conditions all the time..but to each his own.....
    Ashrock31
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links