DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone having freezing/lag issues w/ RAZR HD?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD (Rooted 4.1.1)
    I just mentioned this on another lag thread, but this app has helped fix any lag:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dmonkey.lagfix

It works great and always gives me a boost. You do need to be rooted to use it since it trims the cache on the processor. Android trims its own cache fairly well, but it doesn't automatically trim the processor so this app helps keep my phone running smoothly. I don't have to use it more than once a day at most, usually it's more like every other day or even a couple of times a week.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    djspy
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD
    I tried that LagFix app and it worked great. The phone was super fast and snappy but, 2 or three days later my phone started freezing. 3-4 times a day. I had to do a hard reset to get it working again. I uninstalled the app and did an FDR.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    MAXX HD
    it's just the way this phone works with the OS. it can be very annoying especially Chrome. I'm very tempted to pick up something different but this battery is hard to part with.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR MEGA FAIL HD
    Quote Originally Posted by ambrown View Post
    I just mentioned this on another lag thread, but this app has helped fix any lag:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dmonkey.lagfix

It works great and always gives me a boost. You do need to be rooted to use it since it trims the cache on the processor. Android trims its own cache fairly well, but it doesn't automatically trim the processor so this app helps keep my phone running smoothly. I don't have to use it more than once a day at most, usually it's more like every other day or even a couple of times a week.
    Its sad that we have to not only root our phones... but then install and app, just to primarily rid this phone of bloatware and lag. Maybe on a lesser phone, but one would think not on a phone of this caliber... but having said that, I guess its not really in the "big leagues" such as the others out there....
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR HD
    I've been having similar issues. The keyboard freezes and adds or deletes letters, the home screen will take 4-5 seconds to show any apps when I hit the home button. Apps reload randomly, deleting anything I have written and forcing me to search for my spot in videos. The browser also lags, and doesn't register a touch until after the lag, often clicking the wrong link. I think this phone is just straight crap. Two factory resets later and I'm ready for an iPhone.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr HD
    Cheers for that information.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    djspy
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD
    I was having a lot of freezing issues and find that the culprit was the Snapdragon Battery Saving app. I removed the app and my phone got back to normal.
  8. s_a
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR HD White
    Wonderful device, have none of these problems people may have on their own, and truly "big league" for me, even if not for Google and the general audience-I could care less too, since I am supposed to be happy with what I like, and not with what's supposed to be "good for you" according to an artificial (often, mostly commercial) criteria that may have nothing to do with my own preferences.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Root, unlock the bootloader, install a custom recovery and a Rom. I was having a little lag here and there prior to doing that. Right now my Razr HD is fast, stable, battery lasts more than a day depending on usage and force close free. I'd recommend Rage HD as that's my preference in Roms at the moment.

See my signature on the website for a direct link.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by legend221; 07-06-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    Currently Using: Motorola RAZR HD
    Rom: [ROM][XT926] RageHD v1.2 - Battery Friendly, Fast, Stable and FC Free - Click Here

**** If I've helped you or appreciate my contribution to the Android scene, feel free to thank me ****
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kayaksport15 View Post
    I've been having similar issues. The keyboard freezes and adds or deletes letters, the home screen will take 4-5 seconds to show any apps when I hit the home button. Apps reload randomly, deleting anything I have written and forcing me to search for my spot in videos. The browser also lags, and doesn't register a touch until after the lag, often clicking the wrong link. I think this phone is just straight crap. Two factory resets later and I'm ready for an iPhone.
    Last thing you'd want to do is that. Iphone, trust me would be a huge fail.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by legend221; 07-06-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    Currently Using: Motorola RAZR HD
    Rom: [ROM][XT926] RageHD v1.2 - Battery Friendly, Fast, Stable and FC Free - Click Here

**** If I've helped you or appreciate my contribution to the Android scene, feel free to thank me ****
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links