DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Jelly Bean update

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD
    All of the 4.1 review videos that Ive seen show it. Thats where Im confused.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Casio Commando
    Those two things might be an S3 thing too. The gallery functionality he talked about worked on my Maxx HD.

Couple of different things I can see:
    Network mode in Mobile Networks (Settings, More) showed up in Global mode. On the RAZR Maxx we changed that to LTE/CDMA & got way better battery life.
    The voice commands seem to work better.
    The Google Search bar looks different.
    The task manager has a bit different look to it, more info on it. Gmails show up almost complete on it!
    HDR mode on the camera.
    Fonts on the locked screen are different.
    People phonebook has a white background now.... used to be black.
    Some new widgets.... Audible low medium & high, Traffic,
    Gmail has a new Undo task on it that shows up when you delete an email.
    Hold your finger down on the Home button & get access to the Discover Google Now feature.

Not sure if the Media Share feature is new or not (Settings, More). I'll have to tinker with it later. But it appears to be able to share music, pics & videos to devices over Wifi. Sounds like the "touch" thing that the Galaxy ads on TV are showing?
    --
    Bill
    - formerly using the Casio Commando & the Motorola RAZR Maxx. Now running it right with the Motorola RAZR Maxx HD w/ Jelly Bean.
  3. LT*
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Has anyone noticed a drop in battery life since the update? I'm seem to be burning through battery quicker now. I did notice that it's awake a lot more than it was before the update. I can't figure out what's keeping it awake though.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LT* View Post
    Has anyone noticed a drop in battery life since the update? I'm seem to be burning through battery quicker now. I did notice that it's awake a lot more than it was before the update. I can't figure out what's keeping it awake though.
    I did at first, but after giving it a few days and complete battery cycle its back to awesomeness. I also did a factory reset in there as well (I was rooted and had everything backed up so it wasn't an issue).
  5. LT*
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    I've had my update fro a little over 24 hours with one charge in there. I'll see how it goes in the next few days. Hopefully it settles down. I have never had less than 65% left after a typical day of use. Yesterday I ended up at 45%, so we'll see.

Thanks
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Droid 1

Re: Jelly Bean update

ICS upgrade on RAZR caused the same problem. Many seemed to fix it by formatting system cache in stock recovery.
    There was also a bug that prevented deep sleep unless you turned the screen on before unplugging from the charger.
    My thinking is the cache deal has something to do with the update process. Just a thought.

RAZR MAXX
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    MAXX HD
    I've had my update fro a little over 24 hours with one charge in there. I'll see how it goes in the next few days. Hopefully it settles down. I have never had less than 65% left after a typical day of use. Yesterday I ended up at 45%, so we'll see.

Thanks
    Did you do a factory reset before or after the update?
  8. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member

Re: Jelly Bean update

People say its common to have battery drain for a few days after an OTA... I cleared cache, not data and haven't had any issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR HD Maxx
    I have the HD Maxx and received the upgrade yesterday. I was going on 4 days without having to charge the phone (have only had it about 10 days) with moderate use. I had to charge it last evening and when I unplugged last night once I was at 100%, I woke up today with only 88% after being off the charger for 8 hours. Seems like a big drop in just eight hours. I do have mine set to go on Wi-Fi at home, so now I've set it to turn wi-fi off when the phone sleeps. Hope this will help.
  10. LT*
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Quote Originally Posted by moset View Post
    ICS upgrade on RAZR caused the same problem. Many seemed to fix it by formatting system cache in stock recovery.
    There was also a bug that prevented deep sleep unless you turned the screen on before unplugging from the charger.
    My thinking is the cache deal has something to do with the update process. Just a thought.

RAZR MAXX
    I think I'll wipe cahce and see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    Did you do a factory reset before or after the update?
    No I did not. I actually never gave it a thought. I suppose I could do that, wait for the update again and apply it on a fresh device. That will be my last resort though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott1974 View Post
    I have the HD Maxx and received the upgrade yesterday. I was going on 4 days without having to charge the phone (have only had it about 10 days) with moderate use. I had to charge it last evening and when I unplugged last night once I was at 100%, I woke up today with only 88% after being off the charger for 8 hours. Seems like a big drop in just eight hours. I do have mine set to go on Wi-Fi at home, so now I've set it to turn wi-fi off when the phone sleeps. Hope this will help.
    I charge mine at night, and usually have well over half left at the end of the day. That is not the case now. The problem seems to be that the thing won't sleep for long at all. I'm going to wipe cache and then grab something like better battery stats and see if that can give me a clue.

Thanks all
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Links