DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Droid Razr hd vs Droid razr M

  1. Droid
    needadroid's Avatar
    Member #
    279221
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    41
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    kin 2
    #1

    Droid Razr hd vs Droid razr M

    ok, i know you guys are automatically going to sag get the razr hd but look at it from my perspective. I'm 16 and i have to pay for whatever phone i get. as of right now i specifically have about $100 saved for a phone, hence why i was going to get the razr m, but as you may or may not knoe, the razr hd and maxx is going to be released on 10/18. I also have $70 saved randomly, i wss probably going to use for Christmas gifts or something but do you guys think i should save more and get the razr hd or just get the razr m. oh and you can get the razr hd for $189.99 at costco, so i was gonna get it from there. also, my upgrade is available on 11/1/12.

    thanks your input you guys
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,937
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #2

    Re: Droid Razr hd vs Droid razr M

    I'm gonna shock you a little bit and say that there are many who love the m.. except for the reception issues.. the antenna is grounding out when contacting the human body.. idk if a case remedies this or not..


    I think the m is a lot of phone for the price... the HD will have a bigger battery and screen... but it's all about what works for you... if I were you though.. i'd spend the money and go for the bigger phone... but that's me...

    If I was smart... i'd get the m... if it didn't have reception issues.. but I'm not smart lol.
    Xfactorx316 likes this.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  4. RS Admin
    pc747's Avatar
    Member #
    18832
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16,618
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    #3
    i say wait for the hd to come out and see if they fixed the reception issues. Also do a head to head and then decide that way you do not regret your decision.
  5. Master Droid
    WestOkid's Avatar
    Member #
    240323
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    343
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #4

    Re: Droid Razr hd vs Droid razr M

    Despite the fact that so many classify the M as budget and the HD as premium, and there isn't much difference between the two. Don't assume anything with battery life and performance. They share the same processor and gpu, but I would bet the M is faster in graphics due to the lower pixel count. That small screen on the M may also prove to even out the battery size advantage of the HD. The difference is the screen, HDMI and style. So if you need a larger HD screen or hdmi then your choice is simple. If you like a smaller phone its the M.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    pc747 likes this.
  6. Senior Droid
    dan.dar's Avatar
    Member #
    148882
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    I had the M (you can get it for $50 at Amazon) and returned it due to reception issues. The 1x and 3G are fine, but 4G is bad. I'm going to get the HD and try it out to see if reception is better. If it isn't then the S3 for $150 at Amazon sounds tempting (it was $100 at best buy last weekend). It's pretty much the same hardware inside except for that obnoxious button up front and center. I might also wait till November and see what comes out from HTC. I really hope that Moto got their $h1t together though. It isn't like them to have a phone with a crappy antenna.
  7. Master Droid
    WestOkid's Avatar
    Member #
    240323
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    343
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #6

    Re: Droid Razr hd vs Droid razr M

    Quote Originally Posted by dan.dar View Post
    I had the M (you can get it for $50 at Amazon) and returned it due to reception issues. The 1x and 3G are fine, but 4G is bad. I'm going to get the HD and try it out to see if reception is better. If it isn't then the S3 for $150 at Amazon sounds tempting (it was $100 at best buy last weekend). It's pretty much the same hardware inside except for that obnoxious button up front and center. I might also wait till November and see what comes out from HTC. I really hope that Moto got their $h1t together though. It isn't like them to have a phone with a crappy antenna.
    I wouldn't say GS3 and HD have same hardware. Processors yes. Multi media experience will be much better on GS3. The screen on GS III is better based on many reviews. The camera on the GS3 is in another league. And if you care about music, the GS3 uses a high end Wolfson DAC. That said, build quality and radios should be better on Moto.


    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  8. Master Droid
    bacK_N_87's Avatar
    Member #
    231959
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    415
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @bacK_N_87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    #7
    I honestly would say.....screw Verizon. Get on a GSM network. I repeat get on a GSM network. AT&T has a better selection of phones and Verizon has bad politics. You can tell I'm bitter and fed up with them as I type this on my Razr. If you are set on Verizon though I would honestly get the M for its uniqueness.
    RazrBlade
  9. Master Droid
    WestOkid's Avatar
    Member #
    240323
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    343
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bacK_N_87 View Post
    I honestly would say.....screw Verizon. Get on a GSM network. I repeat get on a GSM network. AT&T has a better selection of phones and Verizon has bad politics. You can tell I'm bitter and fed up with them as I type this on my Razr. If you are set on Verizon though I would honestly get the M for its uniqueness.
    I hear you. I was there too. I really wish there were no consequences to leaving VZW. I once ate the penalty because of how customer service treated me (long story...). I Went to ATT and came crawling back to VZW hat in hand. I just could not take how bad the data service was. Anyway, this is off topic.
  10. Master Droid
    bacK_N_87's Avatar
    Member #
    231959
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    415
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @bacK_N_87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by WestOkid

    I hear you. I was there too. I really wish there were no consequences to leaving VZW. I once ate the penalty because of how customer service treated me (long story...). I Went to ATT and came crawling back to VZW hat in hand. I just could not take how bad the data service was. Anyway, this is off topic.
    Well I have to go as soon as my contract is up.
    RazrBlade
  11. Administrator
    cereal killer's Avatar
    Member #
    88
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    11,044
    Liked
    1561 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    #10
    Since you should have cash in your pocket, grab the RAZR M. It is a tremendous phone and to be perfectly honest with you beside the fact that the HD is larger the M is just as good. I've used both and have to say going with the M is a smarter choice and you are getting just as good a phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 175
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 05:44 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 10:13 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 11:57 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 09:34 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 06:24 PM

Search tags for this page

droid razr hd reception
,

droid razr hd vs droid razr m

,

droid razr m reception

,

droid razr m vs droid razr hd

,
droid razr m vs razr hd
,
razor m vs razor hd
,
razr hd dac
,

razr hd reception

,

razr m reception

,

razr m vs razr hd

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+