DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By apl3

Thread: HELP! Lost Stock ROM using Safestrap 3.53

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX

HELP! Lost Stock ROM using Safestrap 3.53

Sorry for the double-post but I thought this needed a new thread with a better title, I've lost my stock rom using Safestrap, I accidentally tapped that middle button along the bottom, not knowing what i does and it just went to a black screen with some text. Here is my original cry for help on my Need help getting started thread. It has a bit more detail as to what I experienced.

EDIT: In desperation, I really don't know in what sequence of events I did this in, but I pressed the middle button again and somehow got back to stock ROM. My phone booted back up. Last night, I would press BOOT OPTIONS and I would see a black screen. My guess is something fowled up when I activated ROM Slot 1. See the thread I linked to above to view the text I was seeing, which I typed out. Didn't think a screen shot was possible in safestrap.
    Last edited by JOSHSKORN; 09-19-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Problem solved. Thread unneeded now.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung S5
    Put it in fastboot mode. Then use the stickied utility to reflash it. I have done that multiple times. After its reflashed reinstall safestrap.
    Soccerref12 likes this.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by apl3 View Post
    Put it in fastboot mode. Then use the stickied utility to reflash it. I have done that multiple times. After its reflashed reinstall safestrap.
    Again, I'm not sure how I did it, but somehow I was able to get back to select the rom slot I wanted, and put it back on Stock ROM. I might've just jacked up ROM Slot 1 and thought it was my Stock ROM. Supposedly, there were safeguards put in place on the more recent versions of SafeStrap, according to a video so you don't lose your stock ROM. I've been back in business for a while.

Links