Hi all, this is my first post and I am freaking out with my phone right now.
* Phone originally rooted on GB year ago
* had issues with device and OTA updates not working (due to root)
* several attempts to flash new rom didnt work
* attempt flash to JB caused screen flickering issue
What I did:
* Used matts utility to take to Stock GB
* Ran OTA updates successfully from GB to ICS then to JB
Success! everything was great! except my contacts wouldnt import from titanium backup (said it was older rom and didnt recommend restoring)
Wanted my contacts back so was told I could just revert to GB, get contacts, then go back to JB.
At first I was hesitant, but I took their advise and gave it a go.
Used matts utility to flash back to GB (from JB) and got "infopreflash validation failure" on several of the lines
NOW.. phone stuck on M screen, wont go any further.
Held power and both VOL key and went to recovery, got the red triangle, then pressed both VOL keys which is supposed to take to recovery, and it does nothing.
Had tried cache wipe with matts utility too,
Im totally stuck! Phone will not boot past the M and i dont know where to go next, Been working on this for days and had finally got JB and then made it worse.. I use my phone for business and need the info on it.
My next fear is the longer i work on it the more battery will be used and it wont charge battery, then im super screwed.
So stressed about this, can anyone point me in the right direction please?