DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: should i root or not?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

should i root or not?

I've seriously thinking about rooting my razr. but most threads I've read are for older phones and my razr does most ofthethingsiwanttodowiththeroot. can anyone give me a ggood reason to root?

3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member
    Rooting should be based on what you want from your phone and only you can decide that.

I root so that I'm able to delete bloat and/or flash custom ROMs.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    i guess what im asking is for some more info on rooting RAZR's specifically. is it harder than others? are there any bugs that pertain to this phone when rooting? just haven't seen an abundance of info for razr
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    then again i probably haven't lookedhard enough
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by krondizz View Post
    then again i probably haven't lookedhard enough
    I always recommend folks to do a YouTube search. There are a ton of videos of how to root and most if not all have links to the utility and ROMs they used and installed.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    If you are really interested in Rooting, than by all means DO ROOT. I have helped many root their devices, when getting started there are 2 apps I recommend using , 1) Caller ID Backup and the second is 2) SMS Backup begin by backing up your call history and then backup all of your text messages. Make sure to store these items on the SD Card or the Storage1 Card which refers to the same. If ever the event occurs where you have wipe or erase or delete the data on the Internal or Storage 0, if you have stored to this default location, nothing will be there when you try to recover.

At the top of this "Hacks" section you can get an idea of how to ROOT, if not there are plenty of people and talented Moderators who will help you. Most people when they root, they do so because they want some level of control over their device, such as the ability to create backups of their apps and information, install Ad blockers to prevent those annoying ads, or remove apps that will not normally disappear. I always recommend installing a Recovery, whether it is Safestrap or any of the others, if you have taken the time to make your settings the way you want them, it is a good feeling to be able to save them. If the ROM crashes or doesn't work right at a later point simple restore it to the best version you created. I am always jumping between ROMs through the backups that I created, making them better, more usable just better for what I need them for. On your Journey, start by backing up, and always keep a backup, it is better to have one than to start over, believe me.
    If you like this signature click on it, copy the [IMG] middle "URL" link to your signature-> in your settings... Enjoy!

Links