DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help, I'm Bricked and Lost!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Help, I'm Bricked and Lost!

Hello everyone,

As the title suggests, I have bricked my CDMA Droid Razr Maxx. I was rooted running the latest ICS firmware available.

I installed a Paranoid Android Rom from Project Lense's BootMenu Manager, and during the install, something messed up. The error mentioned the MD5sum, and my phone was sent into the Paranoid Android bootloop.

I booted into recovery and attempted a factory reset, and after it completed, the bootloop continued. So, I followed Droid Razr Root .com's guide to unbricking my phone, but it was not until after I attempted that I realized it was to go back to ginigerbread, which I understand is not possible. Now the phone boots to the red motorola logo.

I have researched solutions, but I don't feel comfortable trying something else without a little guidance. Any help or suggestions would be more than appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nick

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX XT912
    Please try this - FIX: Soft Bricked after reverting from Jelly Bean update and let us know.

Also, are you getting this when you power on/reboot your phone? The A0.77 is what is important for me...

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
    0A.77
    Last edited by CamoMike; 01-16-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    nhc931 likes this.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoMike View Post
    Please try this - FIX: Soft Bricked after reverting from Jelly Bean update and let us know.

Also, are you getting this when you power on/reboot your phone? The A0.77 is what is important for me...

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
    0A.77
    When I power on the phone it shows the red motorola logo, and that's all. If I hold down the volume up, down, and power, and then navigate to the flash mode, I get the message:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
    0A.6C

Do I still need to try your solution if that is what I receive?

Thanks!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX XT912
    Quote Originally Posted by nhc931 View Post
    When I power on the phone it shows the red motorola logo, and that's all. If I hold down the volume up, down, and power, and then navigate to the flash mode, I get the message:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
    0A.6C

Do I still need to try your solution if that is what I receive?

Thanks!
    Yes, please run my fix as I have revised it after testing with ROOT that was just released.

That "0A.6C" means that the update didn't fully run/and/or failed because it should have been .74 or higher if you were on Ice Cream Sandwich...

Camo
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Yes, please run my fix as I have revised it after testing with ROOT that was just released.

That "0A.6C" means that the update didn't fully run/and/or failed because it should have been .74 or higher if you were on Ice Cream Sandwich...

Camo
    I am just about to try this, but I have to wait to download the files. To be clear, I can use this even though I was on ICS and not Jelly Bean?

Thanks,
    Nick
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX XT912
    I am just about to try this, but I have to wait to download the files. To be clear, I can use this even though I was on ICS and not Jelly Bean?

Thanks,
    Nick
    The fix I created is for users who came from ICS and failed on JB or for those that were on JB and killed it. So, simply, yes. You will be fine, if not, we are here.

All I did was document what I did to fix my phone to help others. I had little knowledge of this before I blew up my phone so I am doing my part.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    The fix I created is for users who came from ICS and failed on JB or for those that were on JB and killed it. So, simply, yes. You will be fine, if not, we are here.

All I did was document what I did to fix my phone to help others. I had little knowledge of this before I blew up my phone so I am doing my part.

Thanks, you all are awesome. As soon as my Razr Maxx charges (I just read the fix needs to be run on battery) I'll give it a run and let you know how it goes.

Nick
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX XT912
    Thanks, you all are awesome. As soon as my Razr Maxx charges (I just read the fix needs to be run on battery) I'll give it a run and let you know how it goes.

Nick
    Nick

You can run it while charging, if your battery isn't too low. BUT, plugged into a wall, not a PC for charge. I will update my instructions.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Nick

You can run it while charging, if your battery isn't too low. BUT, plugged into a wall, not a PC for charge. I will update my instructions.
    Well I stopped after step 8. My phone rebooted and seems to be working. I'm considering stopping right now and waiting for the Verizon OTA update.

If I continue with the update to Jelly Bean, what are the chances the update will screw up my phone again? It just feels great to have a working phone, so I don't particularly want to mess with anything right yet unless the chances of a positive outcome are great.

Thanks so much for your help thus far! I really do appreciate it
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX XT912
    Well I stopped after step 8. My phone rebooted and seems to be working. I'm considering stopping right now and waiting for the Verizon OTA update.

If I continue with the update to Jelly Bean, what are the chances the update will screw up my phone again? It just feels great to have a working phone, so I don't particularly want to mess with anything right yet unless the chances of a positive outcome are great.

Thanks so much for your help thus far! I really do appreciate it
    Stop wherever you want as it is your phone. I know I can brick mine and the drop of a hat and recover it with the above method. Glad that we could have helped.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links