DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 150
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Help rooting Droid Razr 4.1.2?

  1. Junior Droid
    lilmc1428's Avatar
    Member #
    321764
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittston,PA
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    droid x,razr maxx,droid DNA
    #81
    Quote Originally Posted by YelloEye View Post

    Did you run it in MTP?
    Yeah I tried in all of them. That's why I just had to run the commands in adb

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using my thumbs
  2. Droid
    djnolo's Avatar
    Member #
    234392
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Driod3
    #82
    Naw the ADB shell is out my league. I may be able to get back to. 211 and root again before I install jb.

    No MAXXation without representation!
  3. Junior Droid
    lilmc1428's Avatar
    Member #
    321764
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittston,PA
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    droid x,razr maxx,droid DNA
    #83
    Quote Originally Posted by djnolo View Post
    Naw the ADB shell is out my league. I may be able to get back to. 211 and root again before I install jb.

    No MAXXation without representation!
    I thought it was out of my league to but it really wasn't to bad if you follow someone's instructions, but if you didn't install JB yet that would probably be the best thing to do

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using my thumbs
  4. Droid
    djnolo's Avatar
    Member #
    234392
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Driod3
    #84
    Maybe too late I have already installed jb.

    No MAXXation without representation!
  5. Junior Droid
    lilmc1428's Avatar
    Member #
    321764
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittston,PA
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    droid x,razr maxx,droid DNA
    #85
    Quote Originally Posted by djnolo View Post
    Maybe too late I have already installed jb.

    No MAXXation without representation!
    Yup.it's too late.there's no going back now

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using my thumbs
  6. Junior Droid
    jcarlosfox's Avatar
    Member #
    322790
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx 4.1.2 unrooted
    #86

    Let's work together!

    Quote Originally Posted by lilmc1428 View Post
    Yup.it's too late.there's no going back now

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using my thumbs
    Hi guys, first post, although I have been reading this forum for a long time. Great resource, and nice guys.

    I have read this complete post, and am happy some have been able to root. Others, like me, have been unable to do it. For my part, I keep getting "device offline" or "operation not permitted" errors when trying to use ADB.

    Honestly, for those afraid of using ADB, it is really just a question of following directions. The problem I see is the directions are spread out over 9 or so pages, and for those of us willing to TRY using ADB, sometimes the abbreviations are not clear, or basically the instructions assume a level of knowledge that many of us find intimidating, although a real step-by-step would really be easy to follow. This is especially true as our Droid Razr Maxx phones are quickly becoming "old" and may not benefit from someone putting together a batch file for us to obtain easy root access.

    For my part, yes, I have installed the Android SDK manager, and I put all the files off my root directory on my Windows7 (64 bit) computer. I am sure this is not beyond most of the people who read on this forum.

    So, a PLEA FOR HELP. Is there someone who could put together a clear, no slang, guide to accomplish root on a Razr that has been updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.2? Something like:

    1) Download and install Adroid SDK manager files, from "here".
    2) Unzip the files at C:\Android
    3) Download SU and Superuser.apk from "here", and put them.....
    4) Plug your phone into a USB cable, and plug into your windows based PC.
    5) On your phone, go to SETTINGS =>DEVELOPER OPTIONS and make sure there is a check mark on "USB DEBUGGING".

    .....and so on!

    Anyway, yes, this is a big question and perhaps a lot of effort being requested by a "nOOb" - sorry. And, thanks in advance to anyone willing to do this. Much appreciated.
  7. Junior Droid
    Just4sc's Avatar
    Member #
    159760
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #87
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarlosfox View Post
    Hi guys, first post, although I have been reading this forum for a long time. Great resource, and nice guys.

    I have read this complete post, and am happy some have been able to root. Others, like me, have been unable to do it. For my part, I keep getting "device offline" or "operation not permitted" errors when trying to use ADB.

    Honestly, for those afraid of using ADB, it is really just a question of following directions. The problem I see is the directions are spread out over 9 or so pages, and for those of us willing to TRY using ADB, sometimes the abbreviations are not clear, or basically the instructions assume a level of knowledge that many of us find intimidating, although a real step-by-step would really be easy to follow. This is especially true as our Droid Razr Maxx phones are quickly becoming "old" and may not benefit from someone putting together a batch file for us to obtain easy root access.

    For my part, yes, I have installed the Android SDK manager, and I put all the files off my root directory on my Windows7 (64 bit) computer. I am sure this is not beyond most of the people who read on this forum.

    So, a PLEA FOR HELP. Is there someone who could put together a clear, no slang, guide to accomplish root on a Razr that has been updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.2? Something like:

    1) Download and install Adroid SDK manager files, from "here".
    2) Unzip the files at C:\Android
    3) Download SU and Superuser.apk from "here", and put them.....
    4) Plug your phone into a USB cable, and plug into your windows based PC.
    5) On your phone, go to SETTINGS =>DEVELOPER OPTIONS and make sure there is a check mark on "USB DEBUGGING".

    .....and so on!

    Anyway, yes, this is a big question and perhaps a lot of effort being requested by a "nOOb" - sorry. And, thanks in advance to anyone willing to do this. Much appreciated.
    Hmmm....can you go back to my post -

    Help rooting Droid Razr 4.1.2?

    and let me know which part was confusing/needs more explanation and I'll try and expand on that....I think the only thing I left out was that you need to make sure your phone is in MTP mode (System Settings -> Storage -> (click on the menu soft key) USB Computer Connection -> then make sure Media device (MTP) is checked off (the rest will be un-checked once you pick MTP)).
    Last edited by Just4sc; 01-04-2013 at 04:57 PM.
  8. Developer
    spc_hicks09's Avatar
    Member #
    134991
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wahiawa, Hawaii
    Posts
    1,110
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #88

    Re: Help rooting Droid Razr 4.1.2?

    There is no root for Jelly Bean 4.2.1

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  9. Junior Droid
    Just4sc's Avatar
    Member #
    159760
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #89
    Quote Originally Posted by spc_hicks09 View Post
    There is no root for Jelly Bean 4.2.1

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    We're all talking about 4.1.2....
  10. Developer
    spc_hicks09's Avatar
    Member #
    134991
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wahiawa, Hawaii
    Posts
    1,110
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #90

    Re: Help rooting Droid Razr 4.1.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Just4sc View Post
    We're all talking about 4.1.2....
    Sorry typo. I meant 4.1.2

    There still is no root exploit yet.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Rooting droid razr vs razr hd
    By Ninjasalsa in forum Droid RAZR Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 10:26 AM
  2. Help with Rooting Droid Razr ICS
    By bukow1cm in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 01:06 PM
  3. Rooting Droid Razr Maxx running new ICS
    By 01123 in forum Droid RAZR Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 10:29 AM
  4. Rooting Droid Razr Maxx
    By starkgolfer in forum Droid RAZR Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 01:07 PM
  5. Rooting Droid Razr
    By FOUR20ASASS1N in forum Droid RAZR Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 05:32 AM

Search tags for this page

droid razr root 4.1.2

,
how to root android razr 4.1.2
,

how to root droid razr 4.1.2

,
how to root droid razr maxx 4.1.2
,
how to root motorola razr 4.1.2
,
how to root razr maxx 4.1.2
,

root 4.1.2 razr

,

root droid razr 4.1.2

,
root files for razr 4.1.2
,

root razr 4.1.2

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+