DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Help rooting Droid Razr 4.1.2?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Twitter
    yaterml
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX W/M Launcher
    Quote Originally Posted by yaterml View Post
    It's an issue the occurs when jb updating
    I used the entitlement check hack and when installing JB over my first phone it wouldn't actually turn the Tether on it would just sit their saying activating. on my second Razr I made sure to change the check value back to 0 and it updated with no issue and could activate the hot spot hack. Foxfi doesn't work on Razr's running JB but I have been told Wifi Tether the app workes. Foxfi works via Bluetooth though from what I am told but the entitlement check works fine...

Because I am Me. The Real OG Me...
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX

Re: Help rooting Droid Razr 4.1.2?

I used the entitlement check hack and when installing JB over my first phone it wouldn't actually turn the Tether on it would just sit their saying activating. on my second Razr I made sure to change the check value back to 0 and it updated with no issue and could activate the hot spot hack. Foxfi doesn't work on Razr's running JB but I have been told Wifi Tether the app workes. Foxfi works via Bluetooth though from what I am told but the entitlement check works fine...
    Make sure you still have root when you upgraded to JB. If you protected root when upgrading and are having trouble reestablishing root, update the superuser binaries by clicking the app and scrolling over to the left. If you lost root when upgrading cause you didn't protect use Matt's utility to reroot JB using the link I posted on the RAZR Maxx threads. Once you do that you will have redo the hack. Make sure after you change it to "0" to save and reboot your phone then try the hotspot.

I can guarantee 100% it works for those people saying it doesn't because I did it and I have it working. So if its not working for you.....most likely something you have done wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Twitter
    yaterml
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig 04 View Post

Make sure you still have root when you upgraded to JB. If you protected root when upgrading and are having trouble reestablishing root, update the superuser binaries by clicking the app and scrolling over to the left. If you lost root when upgrading cause you didn't protect use Matt's utility to reroot JB using the link I posted on the RAZR Maxx threads. Once you do that you will have redo the hack. Make sure after you change it to "0" to save and reboot your phone then try the hotspot.

I can guarantee 100% it works for those people saying it doesn't because I did it and I have it working. So if its not working for you.....most likely something you have done wrong.

That's what I am saying I think that some of these Tether issues are because the system screws up writing the values it you have previously changed them. Its been hit or miss some have tether issues, some have Bluetooth, some have Lapdock issues. Its few and far between and varied hence why Verizon just started throwing phones at it. I maintained root both times and have done the hack several times in the past. Did everything correctly but after some of the JB updates the tether just hangs up. I was talking with Verizon and even people that were paying for the Hot Spot without Roots were having intermittent issues with their Hot Spots hanging on activation, same with Bluetooth and Lapdock. OEM OTA updates causing issues on Stock phones.

4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid razr
    easy peasy

if you tried to restore root and it doesnt work just download razr_blade.zip run the batch and follow

your jelly bean will be rooted

Dev-Host - razr_blade.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

dueces
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX

That's what I am saying I think that some of these Tether issues are because the system screws up writing the values it you have previously changed them. Its been hit or miss some have tether issues, some have Bluetooth, some have Lapdock issues. Its few and far between and varied hence why Verizon just started throwing phones at it. I maintained root both times and have done the hack several times in the past. Did everything correctly but after some of the JB updates the tether just hangs up. I was talking with Verizon and even people that were paying for the Hot Spot without Roots were having intermittent issues with their Hot Spots hanging on activation, same with Bluetooth and Lapdock. OEM OTA updates causing issues on Stock phones.
    I guess. I was rooted ICS with mobile hotspot hacked and it took my three times to get JB upgrade. I never protected root so I had I guess a half rooted phone? Superuser app was there but when I would try to update the binaries it would fail. When JB was rooted I had to FDR to get the root to go through right after I got root permissions I did the hack again no problem.

Only thing I can think of is people aren't changing the correct one. I can honestly say I've had no issues with my JB upgrade since day one of getting it back around Christmas time and the week or how ever long root has been out.

6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

Here you go. RAZR JB Root:

http://www.rom-spot.com/razr-jb-root-achieved-t123.html

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Twitter
    yaterml
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig 04 View Post

I guess. I was rooted ICS with mobile hotspot hacked and it took my three times to get JB upgrade. I never protected root so I had I guess a half rooted phone? Superuser app was there but when I would try to update the binaries it would fail. When JB was rooted I had to FDR to get the root to go through right after I got root permissions I did the hack again no problem.

Only thing I can think of is people aren't changing the correct one. I can honestly say I've had no issues with my JB upgrade since day one of getting it back around Christmas time and the week or how ever long root has been out.

Idk stuff happens... I just know what I've been through and what others have posted and talked to Verizon

8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr MAXX
    I have gained root access on my Razr MAXX (running 4.1.2), and I have a question now.
    What all can I/should I do now that I have root access?
    I installed ROM Manager, but when I tried to get a ROM, it said that the Razr isn't supported.
    I'm fairly new to rooting, so please excuse the ignorance.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Twitter
    yaterml
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by rothfus7 View Post
    I have gained root access on my Razr MAXX (running 4.1.2), and I have a question now.
    What all can I/should I do now that I have root access?
    I installed ROM Manager, but when I tried to get a ROM, it said that the Razr isn't supported.
    I'm fairly new to rooting, so please excuse the ignorance.
    Not all Roms are supported on Razr because of its file system and locked bootloader. You can Wifi hotspot hack, install Roms. Install the Razr M Launcher and Circles Widget. Other than that not much use... For a normal user.

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr MAXX
    Not all Roms are supported on Razr because of its file system and locked bootloader. You can Wifi hotspot hack, install Roms. Install the Razr M Launcher and Circles Widget. Other than that not much use... For a normal user.
    Oh, ok. Well the Wifi hotspot hack, Razr M Launcher, and Circles Widget are all things that I'd be interested in. Do I find the Launcher and Widget just in the Play Store?
    Also, by rooting, am I able to get rid of some of the bloatware (such as SmartActions) on the phone?
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Links