DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: RAZR deactivated and rooted-DroidRazrUtility not working.

  1. Junior Droid
    wskincaid's Avatar
    Member #
    162420
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
    #1

    Exclamation RAZR deactivated and rooted-DroidRazrUtility not working.

    I upgraded to a RAZR about 6 months ago, and rooted it immediately. I had no problems at all, but shortly after I found my old Samsung Galaxy S that I thought I had lost forever, and activated it to get all the upgrades that I had missed out on. As a result my Sim card was rendered unusable in my RAZR and I could not reactivate with a new one I assume because I am rooted. Whether that is the case or not I need to unroot it. I rooted using the droidrazrroot.com method, and when I tried to unroot with DroidRazrUtility it would recognize the phone but every command in the process of unrooting failed, I believe it said something like path unspecified. I gave up trying to fix it and now on my day off I make another attempt (which is why I can't remember the exact events of its failure). Since then I have reformatted my computer to windows 8 and cleaned my entire computer due to a corrupted system file, and have lost all the tools for unrooting. I am in the process of redownloading all of it, but I fear its failure again. Since my knowledge of technology has fallen short, I was hoping someone here could help me out, I want my phone to be doing this -------------------------------- P.S. Is it safe to try and unroot with DoomLord or will that muff it up?
  2. Droid Ninja
    joshxdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    266952
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,065
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by wskincaid
    I upgraded to a RAZR about 6 months ago, and rooted it immediately. I had no problems at all, but shortly after I found my old Samsung Galaxy S that I thought I had lost forever, and activated it to get all the upgrades that I had missed out on. As a result my Sim card was rendered unusable in my RAZR and I could not reactivate with a new one I assume because I am rooted. Whether that is the case or not I need to unroot it. I rooted using the droidrazrroot.com method, and when I tried to unroot with DroidRazrUtility it would recognize the phone but every command in the process of unrooting failed, I believe it said something like path unspecified. I gave up trying to fix it and now on my day off I make another attempt (which is why I can't remember the exact events of its failure). Since then I have reformatted my computer to windows 8 and cleaned my entire computer due to a corrupted system file, and have lost all the tools for unrooting. I am in the process of redownloading all of it, but I fear its failure again. Since my knowledge of technology has fallen short, I was hoping someone here could help me out, I want my phone to be doing this -------------------------------- P.S. Is it safe to try and unroot with DoomLord or will that muff it up?
    First, what version of android are you running? This will make a big difference in the unroot/reroot process.
    2nd
    What droid razr utility version are you using answer these questions and we'll get you back on track. Just a side note, I doubt being rooted is stopping you from being able to activate it.

    Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean
  3. Junior Droid
    wskincaid's Avatar
    Member #
    162420
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
    #3
    I suppose I am using 1.7 or 1.6, whichever version he provides on his website. I am still on version 2.3.6 so I don't believe I can use 1.8.
  4. Droid Ninja
    joshxdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    266952
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,065
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by wskincaid
    I suppose I am using 1.7 or 1.6, whichever version he provides on his website. I am still on version 2.3.6 so I don't believe I can use 1.8.
    Did you install the drivers from the utility download? I've only used 1.82 since I'm on ICS. I might not be that much help with gingerbread

    Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean
  5. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wskincaid View Post
    I suppose I am using 1.7 or 1.6, whichever version he provides on his website. I am still on version 2.3.6 so I don't believe I can use 1.8.
    Since you changed OS on your PC you must install new Motorola drivers. If you are system version .181 then you need to use RazrUtility 1.6. I have a copy I can send you if you need it...just need an email address...PM me if you need to. The RazrUtility package has a driver package but you should probably download the latest drivers from the Moto support site. Using 1.6 will get you back to stock GB .181 which was the last version before the upgrade to ICS. If you get to .181 then you can OTA upgrade to ICS by doing menu>setting>about phone>check for updates. You can try to use Ginger Unroot, free in the play store.
  6. Junior Droid
    wskincaid's Avatar
    Member #
    162420
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
    #6
    Ok, I downloaded the latest Motorola drivers, obtained DRU1.6, and followed the necessary steps. although there were various errors along the way, it still finished the process and my phone restarted. however now I can't get past a screen that tells me I need a sim card to operate the phone. any way around that?
  7. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #7

    Re: RAZR deactivated and rooted-DroidRazrUtility not working.

    Quote Originally Posted by wskincaid View Post
    Ok, I downloaded the latest Motorola drivers, obtained DRU1.6, and followed the necessary steps. although there were various errors along the way, it still finished the process and my phone restarted. however now I can't get past a screen that tells me I need a sim card to operate the phone. any way around that?
    I'm pretty sure you need a sim card in the phone to log into the Verizon network.



    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Junior Droid
    wskincaid's Avatar
    Member #
    162420
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
    #8
    Got it. This battle is won, on to the next.
  9. Junior Droid
    wskincaid's Avatar
    Member #
    162420
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
    #9
    I was able to bypass the activation on the android screen using the corner tap method. I can connect to wifi, but more importantly I was able to see whether I was rooted or not. so now I will for sure need to get a sim card because my last one didn't work.
  10. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #10

    Re: RAZR deactivated and rooted-DroidRazrUtility not working.

    Quote Originally Posted by wskincaid View Post
    I was able to bypass the activation on the android screen using the corner tap method. I can connect to wifi, but more importantly I was able to see whether I was rooted or not. so now I will for sure need to get a sim card because my last one didn't work.
    Good to hear you got it working.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Backup/Restore UnRooted Razr-M to Rooted Razr-M
    By Spey in forum Droid RAZR M
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2012, 06:03 PM
  2. How to unroot razr rooted with Droid Razr Utility 1.7
    By nonnasmyladie in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 06:36 PM
  3. Need to unroot my Razr but DroidRAZRUtility.zip won't work.
    By wskincaid in forum Droid RAZR Hacks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 04:11 PM
  4. Rooted RAZR "Contacts Storage" stopped working
    By Fallen_Phoenix in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 03:24 PM
  5. Tapatalk deactivated?
    By kahuna900 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 02:36 PM

Search tags for this page

droid razr glitches after deactivation
,

droid razr suddenly stopped working

,

droid razr utility

,

droid razr utility not rooting

,

droid razr utility not working

,

droid razr utility not working'

,
droid razzr not working
,
step by step how to accrivate rooted m droid razr xt912 no s
,
step on in razr utility not working
,

what files are changed on my droid razr with being rooted

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+