Well i think it might be time to call my insurance and just pay for a new phone. This morning out of stupidity I had remebered that I backed up my phone and figured I would just restore my phone from the back up. For what ever reason while restoring the phone froze with an error and now my phone is bricked. Just the "Dual Core Technology" Sreen is froze up. Had a bad feeling about trying that but is what it is i guess. Im not sure if there is any way of getting it unbricked while rooted. It all is kind of turning into a mess.
Once in recovery scroll down to wipe data...yes then wipe cache...yes then select reboot system. Use the volume keys to scroll and the power key to select. See if this get your phone working again.
- While device is powered off, hold both Volume Up and Volume Down key then press Power key to access Bootloader menu.
- Use Volume Down key to scroll the cursor onto "Recovery" then use Volume Up key to confirm to access official Recovery.
- Now you may see RED Motorola logo, wait a moment till you see the android robot with "!" triangle, please press both Volume Up and Volume Down key to access Recovery Menu.
- Now you can see BLUE RECOVERY MENU.
- Use Volume Down or UP key to scroll menu, Power key to confirm.
Jp. I Tried the process earlier this morning after the phone bricked and it still did not do anything. I actually found the process in another forum and just had to try it. With aggravation and stress w/o a phone I went a head and ordered a new one which will be here tomorrow morning. I hope this didn't affend you by me just taking the easy way out. But I do thank you for your time and intelligence in the since of helping trying to figure this out. If I had a phone for a back up I would have tried to go through this process multiple times but being phoneless for a day and a half with work and all is hard enough lol.
Im sure you will be hearing from me tomorrow in my process of rooting my ICS on my new razr tomorrow. Should come with the update I hope. Hopefully it is as simple as the gingerbread root process.
Thanks again for all yalls help!
Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr/maxx Only - DroidRzr.com. There are other options in the utility other than root...especially good is a RESTORE option. Let me know how it goes.
EDIT: Do not delete anything, lol. Freeze it...there are a number of apps that will allow you do freeze...Titanium Backup Pro is a good one.
Last edited by jpcalhoun; 10-02-2012 at 01:27 PM.
JP sounds great man. Thanks for the link and tips. Rooting will be one of the first things I do when I get my phone. Now as far as back up what would be a good app or just phone backup/restore process so the same thing doesn't happen when another update comes out. Im sure there will be a few more updates until my contract renews and I purchase a new phone.
Just don't want the same thing to happen with new one as the last one. For one I guess i will leave most original apps on there that will be needed to update or can I back up with the original unrooted phone layout and apps and restore when need be to update?
1. Fully charge the phone
2. Check for updates and take if there is one
3. Before downloading anything (other than a possible update) do a factory reset. Then do another factory reset
4. If you want to root, download and install to your computer RazrUtility 1.82 from the link above and root
5. Use the utility to install Over The Air Root Keeper. Or you can get from Play Store. Install, backup root.
6. Download Titanium Backup Pro...great app for backups and freezing apps etc
7. If you want a system backup then you need something like Safestrap...also available in the utility. Safestrap will also allow you to flash ROMs if you want.
8. Download and install the other apps that you want from Play Store.
9. When the next OTA comes out you can temporarily unroot using Root Keeper, take the update and then re-root with Root Keeper using your root backup...works 99% of the time.