DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Droid Razr Maxx Wifi Tether - Not working

  1. Junior Droid
    Spectortime's Avatar
    Member #
    288118
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #1

    Droid Razr Maxx Wifi Tether - Not working

    First of all, I'm brand new to this stuff so if I make a junior mistake, please don't bash. I rooted my razr maxx a while back, and I just recently tried using wifi tether apps. I used them on my Droid X2 with no issues. But now it seems none of them will even start. Barnacle gives me this: DHCP: Failed to parse 'numbers and letters' for brncl_dhcp_dns2
    Then: Could not set MTU of rmneto: Invalid argument

    Foxfi, Just doesn't work and it tells me to use the bluetooth version(No errors given).

    I've used Pdanet via usb tethering with no problem, but I can't get the wifi tethers to work which is actually what I need. If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it. Darn these confusing phones
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,936
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectortime View Post
    First of all, I'm brand new to this stuff so if I make a junior mistake, please don't bash. I rooted my razr maxx a while back, and I just recently tried using wifi tether apps. I used them on my Droid X2 with no issues. But now it seems none of them will even start. Barnacle gives me this: DHCP: Failed to parse 'numbers and letters' for brncl_dhcp_dns2
    Then: Could not set MTU of rmneto: Invalid argument

    Foxfi, Just doesn't work and it tells me to use the bluetooth version(No errors given).

    I've used Pdanet via usb tethering with no problem, but I can't get the wifi tethers to work which is actually what I need. If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it. Darn these confusing phones
    Hello and welcome to the droid forums.. I'm not certain about the hack for wifi tether.. but as far as foxfi.. just go into manage apps, downloaded, foxfi, clear cache, clear data, and force close it...

    Then reboot your phone, and then try it again.. make sure your wifi isn't turned on when you try to initiate foxfi, or else it won't work... it'll turn wifi on itself once it starts.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  4. Junior Droid
    Spectortime's Avatar
    Member #
    288118
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    Hello and welcome to the droid forums.. I'm not certain about the hack for wifi tether.. but as far as foxfi.. just go into manage apps, downloaded, foxfi, clear cache, clear data, and force close it...

    Then reboot your phone, and then try it again.. make sure your wifi isn't turned on when you try to initiate foxfi, or else it won't work... it'll turn wifi on itself once it starts.

    Thanks for the reply. I did this, and it got passed the error I got before, but now when I try to connect to the foxfi network from my computer it just sits for a few minutes, then says "Unidentified network" and won't load anything.
  5. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,936
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #4
    Try deleting the app.. reinstall it. Rename the hot spot. And make sure not to mess with the hash code on it.. set a password.. it works for some, but not others..
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  6. Junior Droid
    Spectortime's Avatar
    Member #
    288118
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    Try deleting the app.. reinstall it. Rename the hot spot. And make sure not to mess with the hash code on it.. set a password.. it works for some, but not others..
    Tried this, data connection drops everytime I try to start the hotspot. Then it gives me original error.
  7. Senior Droid
    omar908's Avatar
    Member #
    244687
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    114
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola droid razr
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectortime

    Tried this, data connection drops everytime I try to start the hotspot. Then it gives me original error.
    Actually repeat the uninstall and install with the deleting cache however dont rename it, from my experience once renamed my laptop could not connect
  8. Junior Droid
    Spectortime's Avatar
    Member #
    288118
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #7
    Same result :/ Is there any guides on how to root and unroot a razr on ICS 4.04?
  9. Senior Droid
    gtofan350's Avatar
    Member #
    226662
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    199
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    ahilden87
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    #8
    Have you tried hacking the stock moto hotspot app??? Search on google for this method, it uses SQLite which is 2-3 bucks on google play.
  10. Senior Droid
    NetNathan's Avatar
    Member #
    58937
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    233
    Phone
    Verizon Droid Razr
    #9
    After SQL lite install and following instructions on this site to get Verizon hot spot to work. My wireless tether started to work.
    .....Net is where I am and Nathan is me.....

    Now:
    Motorola Droid RAZR - Verizon
    Thanks to Droid RAZR Utility 1.81.... now Rooted
    Thinking about a new theme..

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 09:16 AM
  2. new wifi tether - razr working?
    By fdisker in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 08:36 PM
  3. issues with wireless tether post root droid razr maxx
    By jamyjamjr in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2012, 07:53 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 06:31 AM
  5. DROID RAZR MAXX Wifi Bridge/Repeater
    By savor13 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 08:22 AM

Search tags for this page

correct dhcp address razr wifi tether

,

droid razr tethering not working

,
razr m wireless tether
,
razr maxx 98.72.165 wont do wifi tether
,

wifi not working on droid razr maxx

,
wifi tether not working on droid razr maxx
,
wifi tether not working on rooted razr maxx
,

wifi tether razr maxx

,
wireless tether for razr won't work
,

wireless tether not working on droid razr

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+