DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid Razr Maxx Wifi Tether - Not working

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Droid Razr Maxx Wifi Tether - Not working

First of all, I'm brand new to this stuff so if I make a junior mistake, please don't bash. I rooted my razr maxx a while back, and I just recently tried using wifi tether apps. I used them on my Droid X2 with no issues. But now it seems none of them will even start. Barnacle gives me this: DHCP: Failed to parse 'numbers and letters' for brncl_dhcp_dns2
    Then: Could not set MTU of rmneto: Invalid argument

Foxfi, Just doesn't work and it tells me to use the bluetooth version(No errors given).

I've used Pdanet via usb tethering with no problem, but I can't get the wifi tethers to work which is actually what I need. If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it. Darn these confusing phones

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectortime View Post
    First of all, I'm brand new to this stuff so if I make a junior mistake, please don't bash. I rooted my razr maxx a while back, and I just recently tried using wifi tether apps. I used them on my Droid X2 with no issues. But now it seems none of them will even start. Barnacle gives me this: DHCP: Failed to parse 'numbers and letters' for brncl_dhcp_dns2
    Then: Could not set MTU of rmneto: Invalid argument

Foxfi, Just doesn't work and it tells me to use the bluetooth version(No errors given).

I've used Pdanet via usb tethering with no problem, but I can't get the wifi tethers to work which is actually what I need. If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it. Darn these confusing phones
    Hello and welcome to the droid forums.. I'm not certain about the hack for wifi tether.. but as far as foxfi.. just go into manage apps, downloaded, foxfi, clear cache, clear data, and force close it...

Then reboot your phone, and then try it again.. make sure your wifi isn't turned on when you try to initiate foxfi, or else it won't work... it'll turn wifi on itself once it starts.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    Hello and welcome to the droid forums.. I'm not certain about the hack for wifi tether.. but as far as foxfi.. just go into manage apps, downloaded, foxfi, clear cache, clear data, and force close it...

Then reboot your phone, and then try it again.. make sure your wifi isn't turned on when you try to initiate foxfi, or else it won't work... it'll turn wifi on itself once it starts.

Thanks for the reply. I did this, and it got passed the error I got before, but now when I try to connect to the foxfi network from my computer it just sits for a few minutes, then says "Unidentified network" and won't load anything.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Try deleting the app.. reinstall it. Rename the hot spot. And make sure not to mess with the hash code on it.. set a password.. it works for some, but not others..
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    Try deleting the app.. reinstall it. Rename the hot spot. And make sure not to mess with the hash code on it.. set a password.. it works for some, but not others..
    Tried this, data connection drops everytime I try to start the hotspot. Then it gives me original error.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola droid razr
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectortime

Tried this, data connection drops everytime I try to start the hotspot. Then it gives me original error.
    Actually repeat the uninstall and install with the deleting cache however dont rename it, from my experience once renamed my laptop could not connect
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Same result :/ Is there any guides on how to root and unroot a razr on ICS 4.04?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    ahilden87
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Have you tried hacking the stock moto hotspot app??? Search on google for this method, it uses SQLite which is 2-3 bucks on google play.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid Razr
    After SQL lite install and following instructions on this site to get Verizon hot spot to work. My wireless tether started to work.
    .....Net is where I am and Nathan is me.....

Now:
    Motorola Droid RAZR - Verizon
    Thanks to Droid RAZR Utility 1.81.... now Rooted
    Thinking about a new theme..

Links