DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HDMI work around for ICS

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    Ok the above, how safe is it to use that command on your phone? and is there anything you must do once you are done watching?
    Droid BIONIC
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by welsalex View Post
    Ok the above, how safe is it to use that command on your phone? and is there anything you must do once you are done watching?
    It is completely safe. That command is actually supplied by Motorola for developers so they can test that their app does the correct thing when HDMI is plugged in/unplugged. You don't need to do anything after you are done. The app might get a little confused when you unplug the HDMI cable that it thought was already unplugged, but that won't cause any problems.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    Ok thanks. Gonna test this out. I have a second laptop that resides next to my tv (I sometimes enjoy having a 46 inch monitor) so this isn't much hassle for me!
    Droid BIONIC
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    I got Android SDK tools and Android SDK Platform-tools installed. Is that all the packages needed for this?
    Droid BIONIC
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I'm trying to do the same thing on my Droid 4 with HBO GO. This seems like it should work for that too, but I'm not having any luck. When I run the command I see no discernible difference on the phone, and in the adb shell, I get Broadcast completed: result=0. Is this what it should say? How can I tell if the intent I broadcast is being heard? Should I be doing anything different because I'm using a different phone? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Do you have to do this every time you plug in the HDMI, or only once and it 'sticks' ?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Twitter
    yaterml
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX W/M Launcher
    Yes you have to do it every time it. It changes the current commands to tell it no it is not plugged in.

Because I am Me. The Real OG Me...
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by InVeNtOr View Post
    i got it to work, but i had to do a few different things or at least change a few items.....
    i watched a youtube video and and downloaded the exact same file (.zip) he did.....
    i then had to "exact" that .zip into C:\
    after i installed it, i had to open up "manager" and then "click" and download "platform-tools"
    here is where i was LOST!
    when i opened up win XP cmd prompt, my screen said "C:\Documents and Settings\......"
    no matter what i did, i couldn't change the directory to anything, when i typed in C:\ it said "bad file" or something like that. long story short, it wouldn't work.
    so....i googled.....
    came up with a cool fix. i went to start, all programs, accessories, (right clicked) on cmd prompt. clicked on "properties", (the "short cut tab should already be selected) where it says "Start In" i changed that. i did a copy paste of the location of my platform-tools (for me, i followed the youtube video and it was....
    C:\Android......
    i hit "ok" and when i started cmd prompt, that directory was already loaded. i then went back to jbattershell's post and copied that line "adb shell am broadcast -a com.motorola.intent.action.externaldisplaystate --ei hdmi 0 --ei hdcp 1"

that should have been it, buuuuuuut, it wasn't. m3mo15 help me with the final steps.
    at this point i had my laptop and phone connected. so, now i have cmd prompt open, the directory is there now, i have the script? (is that what you call it?) copy and pasted, but i haven't hit "return" yet. i now plug my phone into the TV (still leaving my phone plugged into the laptop as well) turn on NFL apk, choose a video, and i get the fail message. i hit ok on the phone screen, then i hit "return" on the laptop, it starts the script, the phone has the circle loading icon going.....
    it finishes, and bam!
    NFL mobile on the bring screen!

(i did have to load the script a few times, not sure if i was impatient or it just needed to be that way)

I did all this but the script isnt doing anything when I hit enter. I can root and install custom roms but this is a little bit above my head. we just moved from Louisiana to Texas and they havent gotten out to hook up our cable and im trying to get the game this evening on my 60". If someone can help me get it going, there will be many thank yous.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razor Maxx
    jbattershell,
    you did a great job figuring out the hdmi issue, do you think you could figure out the "time out" issue? the "are you still there" pop up really sucks. it not only pauses the video, it messes up the quality for a few moments too, once it resumes. i can't stand there isn't an "exit" option, you have to hit the "back" button a ton of times until you get to the home screen. it's really weird to me what they choose to have in an app and what they don't.
    anyways, if you could figure that out too, it would be super awesome!
    thanks again for the hdmi fix.

"Your Kung-Fu is not strong"
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razor Maxx
    you don't really see anything. after you copy and paste that script, i says a few things, i had posted it eariler the exact pharse, and that's it. you start nfl app, and you shouldn't get the "hdmi is plugged in" prompt.
    don't worry, i'm at your same tech level. it was hard for me to understand too. it usually comes down to one tiny step wrong or slightly different that throws the whole thing off.

"Your Kung-Fu is not strong"
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links