Please read the entire post before responding.
1) I currently have 2 separate lines w/ unlimited data. One is a Razr, the other is a Razr Maxx. I carry the Razr Maxx with me, I have the Razr at home which I just reactivated from being on vacation suspension)
2) I only have 6mbps DSL available at my home. I do not have access to cable, fiber, etc.
3) I have excellent LTE coverage. I can/have averaged 20mbps downloads and 10+mbps uploads.
4) Currently, my DSL costs me $45/mo + taxes.
5) I recently bought a Sapido RB-1733 router, and have used it the last 4 days with the Razr (rooted) using the mobile hotspot modification.
6) I only have 1/2 of my computers at home connected via the Sapido RB-1733 router as a test. The rest are still on DSL. In the last 4 days, there has been > 10gigs of usage.
7) I am not comfortable continuing as is, as it will likely mean I'll have > 100gb usage in a month.
8) I am now planning on buying a Verizon LTE USB modem (probably the LG one), and seeing if I can get it to work on my Sapido router.
Questions/requests for comments:
1) Has anyone used the LG VL600 USB modem on a Sapido router? Would you guys suggest perhaps a mifi instead?
2) I have read that you CAN and it is within the Terms Of Service to remove sim card from one LTE device and put it into another, AND, that putting a sim card from my Razr which currently has unlimited data into a USB LTE Modem is within the TOS, and will not incurr any additional monthly usage charges (whereas doing it the otherway around would cause you to perhaps be moved into a voice plan?)
Constructive comments only please. Thanks!