DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Root Problem (Noob alert)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Root Problem (Noob alert)

So, I have previously rooted (using motofail) my phone and I have found out that I am dumb when it comes to all this software mumbo jumbo here. I had a software update (to 6.12.181) that would not install, and I thought it had to do with the root. I unrooted using DoomLord's 1.5 utility, and now I have a problem. It seems that I had accidently changed my LCD Density to 243 and now most apps are not compatible with my phone anymore, so I thought I could re-root and fix the problem. However, when trying to re-root using Motofail, it won't work. Attachment 50425 I cannot install SuperUser again and have no way (that I know of) to change my LCD Density back to stock 240. Can anyone help me out?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by curronv12 View Post
    So, I have previously rooted (using motofail) my phone and I have found out that I am dumb when it comes to all this software mumbo jumbo here. I had a software update (to 6.12.181) that would not install, and I thought it had to do with the root. I unrooted using DoomLord's 1.5 utility, and now I have a problem. It seems that I had accidently changed my LCD Density to 243 and now most apps are not compatible with my phone anymore, so I thought I could re-root and fix the problem. However, when trying to re-root using Motofail, it won't work. Attachment 50425 I cannot install SuperUser again and have no way (that I know of) to change my LCD Density back to stock 240. Can anyone help me out?
    Here is what I would do...do a factory reset. If that does not fix the problem then download and install on your computer the RazrUtility (see sticky above) by Matt Groff. Extract the downloaded utility zip file to a folder on your c"\\ (do not try to run the utility without extracting to its own folder). After extracting the zip file, run the .bat file, this will start the utility. I believe you have to be in AP fastboot to use this option. To get to AP fastboot hold down the power and volume up and down buttons simutaneously until you see a black screen with white lettering. Scroll down to AP Fastboot using the down volume botton and select using the volume up botton. Connect your phone and from the option menu select the option that will return your phone to stock .181 configuration. You can also use the utility to root your phone again if you choose to do so.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Okay, thank you!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    So, I really did not want to perform a factory reset right now, so I used the RAZR Utility to try to restore to 6.12.181, but instead of working, I got this: Root Problem (Noob alert)-untitled-1.jpg
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Got everything fixed now, thanks for your help!

Links