DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    That was supposed to be shouldn't be prompted, I can't spell.
    I do that all the time. Don't sweat it. Thanks for your assistance. I just can't figure this out. Will it hurt if I try to freeze it?
    "... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    I do that all the time. Don't sweat it. Thanks for your assistance. I just can't figure this out. Will it hurt if I try to freeze it?
    Shouldn't hurt anything at all, just don't delete it. I'm still wondering why it has a line through it, but I do know that means it's not functioning ... it's THERE, but something is wrong with it, thus the line. That also explains why the "Updater" is not listed. But if you don't want to update anyway, it shouldn't notify you of an update.
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

Sig courtesy of jstafford1
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post
    Shouldn't hurt anything at all, just don't delete it. I'm still wondering why it has a line through it, but I do know that means it's not functioning ... it's THERE, but something is wrong with it, thus the line. That also explains why the "Updater" is not listed. But if you don't want to update anyway, it shouldn't notify you of an update.
    Really weird, since I'm assuming it had to be OK yesterday, since the OTA download occurred by itself and I got the option to install or delay it.
    "... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    I tried to hit the Freeze button and it didn't move or execute. The dialog box just sat there like I didn't hit anything.
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Really weird, since I'm assuming it had to be OK yesterday, since the OTA download occurred by itself and I got the option to install or delay it.
    That makes the line through it even more strange. Is the .zip file on your SD card from the update? Or hasn't it downloaded yet?
    Really?? That's it??

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Sorry for wasting everyone's time on this and hopefully, you guys won't get pissed at me. I had forgotten about what I did earlier this morning to my phone in order to stop the updates. I had read about a method of blocking the updates, by renaming /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.apk to /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.bak. I had done that very early this morning, after rooting the phone, but had forgotten about it until I was going through my notes. I just renamed it back and now I have an "Updater 2.3.6" that I was able to Freeze. I no longer have the "com.motorola.blur.updater" showing at all when I filter on "update".

I am really sorry for 1) trashing up this thread with my personal issue and 2) wasting everyone's time. That wasn't my intent. I just totally forgotten that I had done this earlier.
    MattyP and Sydman like this.
  7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Sorry for wasting everyone's time on this and hopefully, you guys won't get pissed at me. I had forgotten about what I did earlier this morning to my phone in order to stop the updates. I had read about a method of blocking the updates, by renaming /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.apk to /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.bak. I had done that very early this morning, after rooting the phone, but had forgotten about it until I was going through my notes. I just renamed it back and now I have an "Updater 2.3.6" that I was able to Freeze. I no longer have the "com.motorola.blur.updater" showing at all when I filter on "update".

I am really sorry for 1) trashing up this thread with my personal issue and 2) wasting everyone's time. That wasn't my intent. I just totally forgotten that I had done this earlier.
    We don't get pissed here Everyone had made mistakes or done something wrong, it's no big deal. That's what makes this forum great, peeps helping out their fellow peeps.

But that does explain the line through that app LMAO

It's all good, glad you got it figured out.
    Really?? That's it??

8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    OHHHHHHH okay, it all makes sense now. No problem at all, at least you know you won't get the update now.
    MattyP likes this.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    moto droid

root

ok i am about to pull my hair out. i have downloaded the utility, unziped it on the root of my c: drive, ran the utility in every usb mode that isn't mass storage and it isn't working. it comes up and says
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]-untitled.jpg  
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hi Guys,

First of all apologies for the noobish behaviour which preceeded my posting his thread.

In my haste to upgrade OTA to ICS I have run step 1 of the 1.6 utility on a rooted stock GSM EU RAZR XT910. I did this thinking I needed to undo the root and some bloatware removal actions I performed back in March when I bought the phone. The step 1 flash failed on loads of lines (I can perform the flash again if any would be resucers wants/needs the error dump?) and now am bootloader stuck with the error

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (flash Failure)
    0A.6B

Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0

Battery OK
    OK to Program

I've done some reading here and on XDA, I think I just need to flash the stock EU GSM file using RSDlite - I thought I had found the right file on EternityProject:

SPDREM_U_01.6.5.1-73_SPU-11-M1-2-ULB_1C.85P_0A.6B_DATDE_CFC_HWp2b_SIGNED.xml

However the phone returns fail on 6/20 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin_signed"

Could anyone point me in the direction?

Thanks

Nic
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Links