Okay, so I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm getting extremely frustrated with my phone!
I've got the Razr, bought it in April and almost immediately rooted it because my brother-in-law suggested I do so. I used Motofail to root, installed Safestrap and flashed the Eclipse 1.3 rom. Loved it, never really had any issues. I was actually surprised at how easy the whole process was for a noob like myself. Yesterday I met up with my sister who also has a Razr, and noticed she had the update I'd been waiting for. She's not rooted, never has been. So, I uninstalled Safestrap and unrooted my phone using Doomlord's unroot so I could get the OTA update. Downloaded it with no problems, but when I went to install it stopped about a 1/4 of the way through and I got the triangle with the ! - My phone rebooted and it said the update failed. As it turns out, I didn't uninstall Safestrap the correct way. I wasn't sure what I needed to do, so I re-rooted with Motofail again, and re-installed Safestrap. I made sure I uninstalled it correctly, and unrooted once again using the same method. Downloaded the update, tried installing and got the same triangle/! - This time I decided to go ahead and do a factory reset through the phone's privacy settings. The installation of the update still failed!
I'm at a loss. I've been scouring the internet trying to figure out what to do, and ended up here. I downloaded the utility but I'm not sure what I need to do with it to fix my problem, if it even will fix it. I had always planned to unroot so I could get this update when it came out. Right now my phone's not rooted and it's running stock (6.12.181.XT912 - Android version 2.3.6), I haven't even synced any of my accounts, and I've removed my SD card.
Anyone have any ideas what's going on? This noob would be extremely grateful for the help!
I had the same issue with safestrap causing the ota to fail. I can only suggest to you what worked for me. I used the 1.6 razr utility option 1 to flash back to stock, 181. The ota installed without a problem. Then to regain root i used utility 1.7.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I actually just did that, and now I'm downloading the update again for another try. Fingers crossed it works this time!
Edit: Oh, I am one happy lady right now! Using the utility to flash back to stock did the trick! I'm currently looking at the words "Android is upgrading..." - Thanks to Matt for the great utility! I didn't think I was ever going to get it to work!!
Last edited by p0nyexpr3ss; 07-11-2012 at 07:30 AM.