DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
    I've been using droid forums for several years and never really posted many questions or answers. Anywho, I became mildly experienced with rooting android phones and rooted my Razr using the DROIDRAZRROOT method. I then activated my old samsung fascinate to get the update because it had been misplaced for a while. I tried to reactivate my Razr and found out the sim card had become a dud because of the activation. I am trying to use droidrazrutility.zip from the website to unroot my phone and it says "cannot find the specified path" although I have the drivers and the device manager say Mot Single ADB Interface. I am wondering if I can activate my phone whilst rooted, or unroot it using some other method. Also I am wondering if this new DroidRazrUtility 1.6 will do the trick.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR

help with utility not owrking

So first my phone is rooted ( was rooted ) with eclipse 1.3 and yes ive been having the issue of loosing my 4g.

ive been trying to use this stupid utility that has no general intrustions for use.
    I unrooted my phone thinking that was the issue and that didnt work.
    I did ther power button and booth volume buttons ( which it only says to use the volume buttons, and at that it does not tell you to turn phone off and then press booth volume buttons After you press power button )
    So if your trying to understand it goes like this.
    1. turn phone off
    2. press power button
    3. press booth volume

so even when i get to the ap fast boot it does not allow me to choose WIPE CA
    So at what point am i suppose to press 1 to restore razr to the .181

ok so moving on i press one and then all the crap that i stated above happens and still nothing.

any help would be nice thanks.
    Rooted
    SmokedGlass v6.0.1
    Chevy#1.25 kernal
    2.0.1 launcher
    Home++ 7 screen
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeeg4276
    So first my phone is rooted ( was rooted ) with eclipse 1.3 and yes ive been having the issue of loosing my 4g.

ive been trying to use this stupid utility that has no general intrustions for use.
    I unrooted my phone thinking that was the issue and that didnt work.
    I did ther power button and booth volume buttons ( which it only says to use the volume buttons, and at that it does not tell you to turn phone off and then press booth volume buttons After you press power button )
    So if your trying to understand it goes like this.
    1. turn phone off
    2. press power button
    3. press booth volume

so even when i get to the ap fast boot it does not allow me to choose WIPE CA
    So at what point am i suppose to press 1 to restore razr to the .181

ok so moving on i press one and then all the crap that i stated above happens and still nothing.

any help would be nice thanks.
    The utility is not stupid. The post you found it in has basic instructions. Or you could read through the forum.
    Having said that I'm not familiar with eclipse 1.3 but if you are running one of the ics leaks I do know there are some that you can't go back to .181 from.
    As far as wiping the cache you should do that before booting into AP Fastboot. Once in Fastboot just attach your cable start the utility press 1 and wait. Depending on your PC it might take 20 min to half hour or more.
    If that doesn't work someone here should be able to help. Just be sure to post all the details it will help

Ross

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
    Ross

Sent Rooted RAZR MAXX
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    The utility is not stupid. The post you found it in has basic instructions. Or you could read through the forum.
    Having said that I'm not familiar with eclipse 1.3 but if you are running one of the ics leaks I do know there are some that you can't go back to .181 from.
    As far as wiping the cache you should do that before booting into AP Fastboot. Once in Fastboot just attach your cable start the utility press 1 and wait. Depending on your PC it might take 20 min to half hour or more.
    If that doesn't work someone here should be able to help. Just be sure to post all the details it will help

Ross

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
    Foods I agree. The instructions are very brief. Not a all detailed. Back in the day of first Gen Verizon DROID rom devs always included detail to the tee with pictures. It would be nice for devs to continue a good effort at keeping it simple for noons. I my self am not novice at this just trying to get past this 4g problem. I'm currently downloads g the update to. 211 and afterwards am going to despot and get my rom back. That for all the help from people with detailed write ups like the one attached to this post. Later
    Rooted
    SmokedGlass v6.0.1
    Chevy#1.25 kernal
    2.0.1 launcher
    Home++ 7 screen
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    I have read though the whole thread. Downloaded the first zip file on the list. started the process of recoverying 181, everything was going good untill, i think was the end, and got failed entries due to low battery. I know I should have checked, it stoped and asked for me to select an item or push enter. My question is what would be the next step?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlord View Post
    I have read though the whole thread. Downloaded the first zip file on the list. started the process of recoverying 181, everything was going good untill, i think was the end, and got failed entries due to low battery. I know I should have checked, it stoped and asked for me to select an item or push enter. My question is what would be the next step?
    If you can't boot into the OS give this a shot Charge Your Battery Without A Special Cable Or Taking The Phone Apart! - DroidRzr.com
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    The question was referring to the recovery. Do I need to reload the file again or what. I know how bad this could turn out, I just want to do the right thing without brinking it.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    You can't do anything until you charge the battery. Doing the right thing without bricking it would be charging it and then trying the fastboot again with sufficient charge.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Thanks.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeeg4276 View Post
    Foods I agree. The instructions are very brief. Not a all detailed. Back in the day of first Gen Verizon DROID rom devs always included detail to the tee with pictures. It would be nice for devs to continue a good effort at keeping it simple for noons. I my self am not novice at this just trying to get past this 4g problem. I'm currently downloads g the update to. 211 and afterwards am going to despot and get my rom back. That for all the help from people with detailed write ups like the one attached to this post. Later
    the 4G fluctuation is a known issue with the RAZR on the .173 and .181 versions. going to ICS should help. and as far as the utility goes and booting into fastboot, there's a fuction directly in the utility to boot into fastboot from debugging. seems easy enough for me. My razr was the first phone I ever rooted and ROMed on my own and the utility just takes some common sense and reading. Plus if you need support the experts here are happy to help. Or would be if the work they spend TONS of time on didn't get criticized by every person that can't figure every little thing out.
    Signed humbly,
    Schmidty
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Links