DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 275
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

  1. Droid Newbie
    dumhed's Avatar
    Member #
    248871
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Droid RAZR Maxx
    Not really sure what happened to me. I used the utility to successfully flash back to 181. I used the utility to root the phone. (I skipped rootkeeper because in a different thread matt mentioned that the utility could reroot). I followed the instructions How To Install Ics 6.14.79 [It's Fastbootable Back To Gingerbread!] - DroidRzr.com to flash to the 6.14.79 leak. I tried the utility to re-root... but it says device not found.

    I double checked that the phone is on usb debug... and was set to one of the options NOT mass storage. Not quite sure what else to try. Am I'm missing something obvious?

    Edit: Nevermind... I reset my computer and it worked. *shrug*
    Last edited by dumhed; 06-21-2012 at 01:22 AM.
  2. Droid Newbie
    rmoya49's Avatar
    Member #
    268238
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Hey guys so im trying to fastboot back to .181 and every time it gets a little bit into the flash then it says error: cannot load 'files\logo.bin' can someone please help? thanks

    sorry my bad i guess i didnt wait long enough for it to keep going, i guess you get a few errors along the way am i wrong?

    edit: wow sorry to be annoying i really am but now my phones been sitting in fastboot mode with the utility saying writing 'preinstall' for i dont even know how long now...what should i do?
    Last edited by rmoya49; 06-21-2012 at 06:26 AM.
  3. Droid Ninja
    leftspin's Avatar
    Member #
    213734
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,129
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by rmoya49 View Post
    Hey guys so im trying to fastboot back to .181 and every time it gets a little bit into the flash then it says error: cannot load 'files\logo.bin' can someone please help? thanks

    sorry my bad i guess i didnt wait long enough for it to keep going, i guess you get a few errors along the way am i wrong?

    edit: wow sorry to be annoying i really am but now my phones been sitting in fastboot mode with the utility saying writing 'preinstall' for i dont even know how long now...what should i do?
    Takes a while to write preinstall, especially if you're using an older/slower machine. The first time I fastbooted I thought it was stuck 5 or 6 times but some parts of it just take a little while. My suggestion would be once you get past the part where you have to hit any key once the screen comes back on just walk away from it and do something else for 20 minutes while it flashes.

    EDIT: I see you posted that a couple hours ago, what happened with it? Did it finish up or hang on preinstall forever?
  4. Rescue Squad
    MattyP's Avatar
    Member #
    121870
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In a race car...
    Posts
    2,267
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Overclocking question ... I installed the overclock files when I rooted, worked like a charm. I had my old Droid 2 rooted with "Android Overclock", and when I downloaded it onto my new Razr Maxx, it said something to the effect of "your device is not supported" ... so what app is recommended for overclocking now that the files are installed?

    Thanks for any help!
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

    Sig courtesy of jstafford1
  5. Droid Newbie
    rmoya49's Avatar
    Member #
    268238
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    oh yeah that makes sense leftspin, i got a new mac for college so ive been using my old dell latitude d620....so old. it took forever but i eventually got my phone back and am runnt full throttle aokp. thanks for the help
  6. Junior Droid
    cybertron's Avatar
    Member #
    65862
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Guys, is there a best practices thread anywhere? I've learned a ton about my old original droid, then I got a samsung, never rooted it, and now I'm on the razr maxx and I seem to have forgotten everything I knew. I had eclipse on my phone for a while, but after disabling safestrap "safe system" my entire rom disappeared and I seemingly was left with a stock phone, no recovery menu while booting, etc, etc. I dont care about all that now though, as I had all my text messages backed up to gmail.

    But I want to know how to get ICS (official release minus all the garbage) on my phone and how everyone is doing with maximizing battery life. It would be nice to know how people are doing with overclocking as well, but I'd rather not do that with me phone at this moment. Sorry for the noob post, but I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Not afraid to read though if someone can point me in the right direction. ie: I dont want to do the "cutting edge" stuff, just the basic wifi tether hack and a rom that doesnt have motorola crap on it.
  7. Droid
    Abaddon's Avatar
    Member #
    87706
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    47
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    [QUOTE=FoxKat;2128921]No, you don't need to be rooted, but the Utility will allow you to root, or not - your choice. As for bootstrap, it's part of the package.[/QUOTE

    Wait, so if you root using the utility then bootstrap is installed automatically? If so, I will need to get back to .181 stock before the OTA hits. I am on .181 now and removed root in anticipation of the upcoming update but I really don't want to get a "software update unsuccessful" error message after waiting all this time. If I do use the utility to go back to stock will it wipe anything from the phone? I thought I saw something before about having to back up the sd card. I can't remember where I read that though.
  8. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    [QUOTE=Abaddon;2163320]
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    No, you don't need to be rooted, but the Utility will allow you to root, or not - your choice. As for bootstrap, it's part of the package.[/QUOTE

    Wait, so if you root using the utility then bootstrap is installed automatically? If so, I will need to get back to .181 stock before the OTA hits. I am on .181 now and removed root in anticipation of the upcoming update but I really don't want to get a "software update unsuccessful" error message after waiting all this time. If I do use the utility to go back to stock will it wipe anything from the phone? I thought I saw something before about having to back up the sd card. I can't remember where I read that though.
    When you root with the utility it does not automatically install bootstrap, you have to choose that option after root. If you are rooted .181 then all you have to do is unfreeze any apps you make have frozen, replace any apps that you deleted (other than the ones you didn't need root to delete) and unroot. I would also uninstall bootstrap or safestrap if installed before taking the update...this is just a precautionary step, some would argue that it is not required...they may be right. If like you say you're on .181 then you don't have to use the utility to go back to .181 stock.
  9. Droid
    Abaddon's Avatar
    Member #
    87706
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    47
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    [QUOTE=jpcalhoun;2163340]
    Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    When you root with the utility it does not automatically install bootstrap, you have to choose that option after root. If you are rooted .181 then all you have to do is unfreeze any apps you make have frozen, replace any apps that you deleted (other than the ones you didn't need root to delete) and unroot. I would also uninstall bootstrap or safestrap if installed before taking the update...this is just a precautionary step, some would argue that it is not required...they may be right. If like you say you're on .181 then you don't have to use the utility to go back to .181 stock.
    Yeah I was pretty positive I didn't have it on my phone. It would be listed in the app drawer as Razr Bootstrapper, correct? I just got thrown when I read that part about it being part of the package. Maybe FoxCat was talking about something else and I just glazed over that part. I have unfrozen apps I previously had frozen and I never actually remove bloatware so that's not an issue. I also used an ad blocker and even though I'm not rooted anymore I still don't see any ads. Could this cause issues?
  10. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    [QUOTE=Abaddon;2163345]
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post

    Yeah I was pretty positive I didn't have it on my phone. It would be listed in the app drawer as Razr Bootstrapper, correct? I just got thrown when I read that part about it being part of the package. Maybe FoxCat was talking about something else and I just glazed over that part. I have unfrozen apps I previously had frozen and I never actually remove bloatware so that's not an issue. I also used an ad blocker and even though I'm not rooted anymore I still don't see any ads. Could this cause issues?
    I'm not sure about the ad blocker, if it required root I'd uninstall it just to be safe. You can always re-install after the update.
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 04:35 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2012, 08:06 PM
  3. Droid Razr Utility 1.4 .173 Fastboot Issue
    By mustangraptor03 in forum Droid RAZR Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2012, 11:22 AM
  4. Fastboot files for Razr
    By simon_lefisch in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 02:16 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 02:46 PM

Search tags for this page

droid razr fastboot files
,

droid razr utility 1.6

,

droid razr utility 1.6 download

,
droidrazrutility 1.6
,
droidrazrutility1.6 final.zip
,
matt's droid razr utility
,
matt's razr utility
,
matt's utility 1.6
,
matts utility
,

razr utility 1.6

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+