DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I need help, I want unlock my Motorola Droid Razr Verizon

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razor max hd 4g lte veri

Unlock Droid Razor 4g Verizon NEED STEPS

Quote Originally Posted by vladas1987 View Post
    Hi, I have a Motorola Droid Razr on USA Verizon network and I want use my phone on other network.
    How can i unlock my phone?
    Did you ever find the steps to accomplish this??? Need to do this as well...
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    I was told by a verizon tech that they don't offer unlock codes for 4g phones because the locking to their CDMA network is done via software on the SIM card and that if I were to use another company's card it would work. Can someone whose more knowledgeable advise if that's true? I'd like to give Net10 a whirl but only if I can bring my MAXX with me.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX android 4.1.2
    Doesn't anyone read the previous posts? It was stated that if your verizon phone is running android version 4.0 or higher(4.1.2), that it is unlocked for GSM by default and you need to get a U-sim card from an overseas cell provider to use it there. available week to week or with contract. but its slow and expensive.

read the posts!!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR

let me no

If thats true. I got a Droid Razr. I want to use on the Straight. Talk. Network
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by phontek642 View Post
    Doesn't anyone read the previous posts? It was stated that if your verizon phone is running android version 4.0 or higher(4.1.2), that it is unlocked for GSM by default and you need to get a U-sim card from an overseas cell provider to use it there. available week to week or with contract. but its slow and expensive.

read the posts!!
    . I hope thats true
  6. Droid
    Member #
    wrong razor m and razor maxx r locked they will not run prepaid sims im talking from experience so if anyone knows how to unlock please inform
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardneu View Post
    If thats true. I got a Droid Razr. I want to use on the Straight. Talk. Network
    This is what I'm interested in for next year. My contract is up and I want to try Straight Talk. I've read that all I would need to do would be put a Straight Talk SIM card in there and it works, but I have not tried it.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr XT912
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    GSM is an entirely different cellular technology and different cellular radio. The RAZR sold for Verizon can't and never will be compatible with GSM, no matter what you do to it, since this model doesn't have a GSM radio installed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.
    not true the verizon razr is a world phone which supports cdma hspa umts edge gsm. in theory it is compatible however verizon software wont read any sim card other than verizon sim cards.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowman2020 View Post

not true the verizon razr is a world phone which supports cdma hspa umts edge gsm. in theory it is compatible however verizon software wont read any sim card other than verizon sim cards.
    So what's the work around? Cause I would like to put one on a umts network.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr XT912
    Quote Originally Posted by 4low4fun View Post
    So what's the work around? Cause I would like to put one on a umts network.
    I am still trying to figure that out. Verizon won't even talk to me about it. I know there is a way so I am going to try to contact motorola, which is now owned by google and see if they can help me. My phone was paid for in full, no contract due to having an unlimited data plan and not wanting to loose that so the phone is mine not Verizon's. Therefore I should legally be able to "unlock" which is a weird way of saying it because its an :unlocked" world phone. Apparently using gsm in the usa isn't part of being unlocked. I'll be contacting motorola later today when i have time. Will post back when i ever i hear from them. I'm an over the road truck driver. I have found places that i deliver frequently that verizon doesn't work at but att does. I want to put an att sim in my razr so I don't have to juggle two phones.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links