DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid RAZR MAXX won't update

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX

Droid RAZR MAXX won't update

Hi, I have a DROID RAZR MAXX and I rooted it then changed the ROM for the color of the notification bar using MetaMorph. I made a very big mistake and didn't back my phone up before so. Although everything went okay with the switch, I went to download the update that was just put out but every time it just comes up with an error message and says the update failed. I believe this is because I changed a few ROMS on the device. Is there anywhere that i can download Android 2.3.6 (my current version) for the DROID RAZR MAXX, or if there are any solutions to my problem
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Matt
  2. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Welcome to Droid Forums

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the Razr but I moved your thread to the Razr section so the pros can jump in and help you out.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MVenter44 View Post
    Hi, I have a DROID RAZR MAXX and I rooted it then changed the ROM for the color of the notification bar using MetaMorph. I made a very big mistake and didn't back my phone up before so. Although everything went okay with the switch, I went to download the update that was just put out but every time it just comes up with an error message and says the update failed. I believe this is because I changed a few ROMS on the device. Is there anywhere that i can download Android 2.3.6 (my current version) for the DROID RAZR MAXX, or if there are any solutions to my problem
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Matt
    You'll want to download the DroidRazr Utility. This tool will allow you to Fastboot back to stock Gingerbread. Once done you'll be back on the upgrade path.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198379

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.
    Last edited by FoxKat; 04-26-2012 at 10:00 PM.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    You'll want to download the DroidRazr Utility. This tool will allow you to Fastboot back to stock Gingerbread. Once done you'll be back on the upgrade path.

[HACKS] UPDATED Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

Thank you very much for your help, i have downloaded the software and the first option is "Restore Droid RAZR to 6.12.173" i assumed that was the correct option so then it said to make sure my RAZR is in "AP Fastboot mode" Any ideas how to do that? just too try it i went ahead to see if it worked anyway bu then it said "The system cannot find the path specified" i do have the motorola drivers and it wokring. my phone does ask if it should be in "PC Mode" "Windows Media Sync" "USB Mass Storage" or "Charge Only" If you have any idea on how to do this please help!
    Matt
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    power it down completely

then power it on while holding volume-up and volume-down at the same time

within a couple of seconds a menu with white text should show up

use the volume-down to move on the menu, use volume-up to select "ap fastboot mode"
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    power it down completely

then power it on while holding volume-up and volume-down at the same time

within a couple of seconds a menu with white text should show up

use the volume-down to move on the menu, use volume-up to select "ap fastboot mode"

Thank you, that is what i did but the same error keeps coming up
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    RazrMaxx/Droid1(retired)/dinc2
    are you in charge only?
    with the phone on plug it in to pc. you should see the usb connect in the top menu select it and click charge only. also make sure "usb debugging mode" under manage apps/ developer is checked. power the phone down then try the steps for fastboot above.

new server if any of my links are dead notify me, I got new links!
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MVenter44 View Post
    Thank you, that is what i did but the same error keeps coming up
    I think the error you're experiencing is related to the computer bat file not being able to find the necessary supporting files. Some people have this problem when they extract the files. Another problem is when people download the short version that doesn't have the Fastboot file. You need to be sure you've downloaded the full version which includes the Fastboot file.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    I think the error you're experiencing is related to the computer bat file not being able to find the necessary supporting files. Some people have this problem when they extract the files. Another problem is when people download the short version that doesn't have the Fastboot file. You need to be sure you've downloaded the full version which includes the Fastboot file.

Thank you. Do you happen to have a link for this?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by thaDroidz View Post
    are you in charge only?
    with the phone on plug it in to pc. you should see the usb connect in the top menu select it and click charge only. also make sure "usb debugging mode" under manage apps/ developer is checked. power the phone down then try the steps for fastboot above.
    Yes I am in "charge only" mode and have usb debugging enabled. The i hold down the power button and both volume buttons until the screen with black and white lettering appears; i select "AP Fastboot" and it regognizes that there is a usb connected, for example, it says "OK to program, Transfer Mode: USB Connected
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links