so after following UPDATED Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]and reverting back to .173 i tried rooting again, nothing happened. starting looking around on my desktop and i noticed i had 2 run.bat files for rooting, how they got there im not quite sure. one (run) worked and the other one (runme) did not.
all is well and rooted.....but my battery life is poor after going through the reset, and i dont know why. i use to be able to make it 8hrs on my idle smart action and have 80-90% with moderate use, now ill be lucky to have more than 60%. im wondering if something was changed or if its just the update. help would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by Dark_Angel; 04-28-2012 at 10:30 PM.
-There is no need to fear the dark, for i am always watching-
Seems the most reliable thing to do is root while on 173, back it up and hide it with Voodoo, then update to 181 and restore root in Voodoo. I did that today, went without a hitch... all with using the Razr Utility tools.
It seems like there are mixed results right now trying to root after already going to 181.
I had to do the restore because I stupidly uninstalled system apps with Titanium without backing them up, and today I started getting the OTA nag screen but could not install the update because I couldn't get back to pure stock.
I also have noticed my battery life not being as good as it used to be before update. Not as severe as you though lol.
As far as rooting i was having trouble updating so i had to revert to complete stock .173 no root/update/then root again using the updated 1.51 utility as Voodoo just wasn't working for me what so ever (most likely something i wasn't doing correctly).