DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fm radio for razr

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by fekish
    just to let you know guys I just received my razr, however I am thinking of sending it back and buying something else. The wifi issue is a huge thing and a huge problem that Motorola are not addressing...
    I didn't read about it unfortunately before I bought the phone...
    Even if I want to listen to radio with tune in the phone would stop the streaming continuously due to its poor wifi capabilities.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk
    haven't had any wifi issues had razr maxx for a month plus...what are ylu refering too?

Ross

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
    Ross

Sent Rooted RAZR MAXX
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Wow, FM radio on the phone really matters that much? I'm not passing judgment, just trying to understand the reasoning behind such a "deal killer" for you. Almost ALL local FM radio stations now broadcast in HQ over the internet and you can listen even where FM reception is bad. The ONLY reason you might need a true FM receiver is in the instance of a short range broadcast such as in a local Gym or at a Open House (Realtors use them), or other similar instance.

Have you even taken a look at TuneIn? It has a "Local Stations" link which populates all the radio stations in your geographical area automatically. You can then "favorite" the ones you listen to most and they become one-touches.
    The Razr MIGHT support TRUE FM Radio later with ICS. I'm trying to help an app devoloper that has an app called Spirit FM. It's very slow going nothing now. But if anyone can do it he can. Just search on Google "XDA Spirit FM Forum". You should find it. Right now there are more errors than going well. If you can find it still the Bionic supports REAL FM Radio apps. I have it too along with my Razr. I use it for the smaller stations that TuneIn and iHeartRadio do not have.
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Max

Does FM Radio Really Matter

Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Wow, FM radio on the phone really matters that much? I'm not passing judgment, just trying to understand the reasoning behind such a "deal killer" for you. Almost ALL local FM radio stations now broadcast in HQ over the internet and you can listen even where FM reception is bad. The ONLY reason you might need a true FM receiver is in the instance of a short range broadcast such as in a local Gym or at a Open House (Realtors use them), or other similar instance.

Have you even taken a look at TuneIn? It has a "Local Stations" link which populates all the radio stations in your geographical area automatically. You can then "favorite" the ones you listen to most and they become one-touches.
    It's not a showstopper for me, but, you can't get live baseball game broadcasts on Internet streaming - the radio stations make a deal with MLB to not allow that, so that MLB can charge you for it through their website. The only way to listen to the game is via an actual radio transmission (AM or FM), or pay through the MLB site.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links