DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fm radio for razr

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fekish View Post
    Hello,

Does Razr really have Radio support? I tried to find answers but people said that although is not given out of the box, it may be possible.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    You'll find your answers in the thread I am merging this post with. Please refresh your browser and view the other posts.

Closing and merging.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    I am using Android for 3 years, and yes TuneIn is a fin app.
    But i dont have unlimited data plan. So when i go for a walk, or want to listen at a live match through headphones i dont want to be carrying with me a separate fm radio.
    I think a lot of people see this as a major disadvantage, and i dont know why Motorola is neglecting it...
    OK, unlimited data is an issue, but I can tell you that the amount of data for streaming audio at typical bitrates isn't going to be huge. At 128Kbps (called "Near CD Quality"), a 1 hour broadcast would be 56.25 megabytes, which is a little more than 1/2 Gigabyte per 10 hours of listening. Most Internet radio stations broadcast at lower bitrates, 96K, 64K, and even 32K (especially talk radios), so you could be looking at as much as 80 hours per GB at the 32Kbps rate for "live matches".

"Professor FoxKat"
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Yes thanks

But unfortunately (or good for us customers) there are so many smartphones out there with Radio FM support, that i will not change my habbits because Motorola didnt want to put this on their phones...
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDroid View Post
    Hi, just wanted to make a quick introduction. I can't wait for this phone to come out and will preorder as soon as it becomes available at Verizon. I've been waiting to pick up an android phone, and this one is sure to have it all.

-Dan
    Yes, you are right. There are certainly other options out there. I'm sorry the RAZR isn't going to meet your needs, but I'm sure you'll find a suitable phone. The huge benefit we as Android users have is choice! Good luck on your search.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

"Professor FoxKat"
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    i am a Motorola fanboy, but unfortunately (as it happened to me 6 years ago also with Sony Ericsson) at some point small mistakes by brands lose their loyal customers...
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Well I saw you posed the same question on XDA and someone mentioned the hardware is there, but it's not activated. I believe it's a kernel change that would enable it but with a locked bootloader that can't happen (yet). Should be interesting to see if it does materialize. The app is here and it does install and run.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/fm-radio...torola.fmradio

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.
    Last edited by FoxKat; 06-04-2012 at 02:27 AM.

"Professor FoxKat"
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Well I saw you posed the same question on XDA and someone mentioned the hardware is there, but it's not activated. I believe it's a kernel change that would enable it but with a locked bootloader that can't happen (yet). Should be interesting to see if it does materialize. The app is here and it does install and run.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/fm-radio...torola.fmradio

Haha, i can see you are everywhere! Didnt go there to check what is going on :-)

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I dont trust so much Motorola for changes on the mobiles. With my original milestone i had so many problems even for just dialling a number that i had to search for custom roms. Thus i dont think they will open the bootloader anytime soon!

I was so excited on getting the razr, that i forgot to check the radio detail! Arghhhhh!

9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    just to let you know guys I just received my razr, however I am thinking of sending it back and buying something else. The wifi issue is a huge thing and a huge problem that Motorola are not addressing...
    I didn't read about it unfortunately before I bought the phone...
    Even if I want to listen to radio with tune in the phone would stop the streaming continuously due to its poor wifi capabilities.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    just to let you know guys I just received my razr, however I am thinking of sending it back and buying something else. The wifi issue is a huge thing and a huge problem that Motorola are not addressing...
    I didn't read about it unfortunately before I bought the phone...
    Even if I want to listen to radio with tune in the phone would stop the streaming continuously due to its poor wifi capabilities.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk
    The problem is likely not the phone, but the router. Try upgrading the firmware, or turning off "B", but if it's more than a couple years old, replacing it will resolve all issues.

"Professor FoxKat"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links