DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plzzz help!!!!!! Droid razr stuck in fastboot mode and want charge!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Exclamation Plzzz help!!!!!! Droid razr stuck in fastboot mode and want charge!

Hello, i recently tried to fastboot my droid razr back to stock gingerbread but thwen i did the fastboot failed and i just put my phone back into regular bootloader and did a normal power up and it turned on but recently my razr died and it will not charge when i plug my phone into the computer to do a fastboot it just displays a white notification light and when i plug my phone into the wall charger it goes into the fastboot bootloader like need it to but it want go to the fastboot bootloader when i plug it into a coputer ive tried mant diffrent computers and suggestions????????????

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by razrdude56 View Post
    Hello, i recently tried to fastboot my droid razr back to stock gingerbread but thwen i did the fastboot failed and i just put my phone back into regular bootloader and did a normal power up and it turned on but recently my razr died and it will not charge when i plug my phone into the computer to do a fastboot it just displays a white notification light and when i plug my phone into the wall charger it goes into the fastboot bootloader like need it to but it want go to the fastboot bootloader when i plug it into a coputer ive tried mant diffrent computers and suggestions????????????
    Plug into the Wall charger, then power the phone down and leave it charging over night. You have to make sure the phone is powered down. If you can't power down the normal methods, try holding power and volume down for at least 10 seconds while it's plugged in.

The problem is you don't have enough power and that's the white light you are getting. You need at least 60%, many say 75% to be safe, before you can do any Fastboot functions. If it dies while Fastbooting, the result is a soft bricking of the phone.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR 2.3 Stock Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Plug into the Wall charger, then power the phone down and leave it charging over night. You have to make sure the phone is powered down. If you can't power down the normal methods, try holding power and volume down for at least 10 seconds while it's plugged in.

The problem is you don't have enough power and that's the white light you are getting. You need at least 60%, many say 75% to be safe, before you can do any Fastboot functions. If it dies while Fastbooting, the result is a soft bricking of the phone.
    Thank You Very Much for this, i had the same problem and after holding the volume down and power for 10 secs while connected to wall charger the phone will turn off and when released it will show you the motorola red logo as if its turning on but then just display the battery charging animation
    In Flying, Carelessness And Overconfidence Are Usually Far More Dangerous Than Deliberately Accepted Risks

Los Angeles, Glendale, Burbank Police Dept's

5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacrx17 View Post
    Thank You Very Much for this, i had the same problem and after holding the volume down and power for 10 secs while connected to wall charger the phone will turn off and when released it will show you the motorola red logo as if its turning on but then just display the battery charging animation
    Glad to hear it worked for you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

"Professor FoxKat"
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr XT910
    I am facing the same problem but my phone is not showing the motorola logo when I press the power and volume down button. On the screen it's written "press the power button to power down", will that work?
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rahulwadhwani View Post
    I am facing the same problem but my phone is not showing the motorola logo when I press the power and volume down button. On the screen it's written "press the power button to power down", will that work?
    Yes. But the reason you are not getting to the reboot is you aren't holding the two buttons long enough. It takes at least 8-10 seconds our more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text. Please excuse and minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

"Professor FoxKat"
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone

help

i have the same thing going on but when i do it .it keeps going bk into flash boot mode and when i power it off it will not show the battery charging the screen is just black...any ideas
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    Hold all three buttons at the same time power both volume rockers. All the same time and hold till flashes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    did and still gets put bk into flash boot
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    Quote Originally Posted by hitsugaya1987 View Post
    did and still gets put bk into flash boot

If you've just flashed a clean flash and are stuck. Make sure your sure you've completed your task. Then in ap fast boot hit power. Hold it. When it goes off hold all three. Then when you get the option for recovery scroll to it and reboot. Hope this works...
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links