DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Safestrap Guide for RAZR

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Oddly, it was not on Stock App drawer, which is strange. Checking Kexec Rom now, which BTW runs great.
    Now, in stock, SuperUser alert says, Binary must be updated, select installation method of CANcel, Recover Install, or Install.
    Which do I select. i am on STOCK/Safesatrap - not on ROM boot.

Same message while in ROM. What shall I do. Why has this happened? hmm?
    Last edited by helron; 04-08-2013 at 05:15 AM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by helron View Post
    Oddly, it was not on Stock App drawer, which is strange. Checking Kexec Rom now, which BTW runs great.
    Now, in stock, SuperUser alert says, Binary must be updated, select installation method of CANcel, Recover Install, or Install.
    Which do I select. i am on STOCK/Safesatrap - not on ROM boot.
    Well try recover install first since you had it before..then the install if recovery doesn't work..saw in the playstore that there is a zip file for those having issues
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Odd, Superuser disappeared from stock app drawer. So, I reinstalled.
    When back at Rom side, still get message. Clicked CANCEl until I read a bit more.
    Did go so site and saw ZIp file, by developer. have tod do some reading on that. Dont want to screw up. LOL And, it seems I am pretty good at that!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Odd, Superuser disappeared from stock app drawer. So, I reinstalled.
    When back at Rom side, still get message. Clicked CANCEl until I read a bit more.
    Did go so site and saw ZIp file, by developer. have tod do some reading on that. Dont want to screw up. LOL And, it seems I am pretty good at that!
    Lol..someone will be here to assist if you have problems...just keep us posted. I've never ran into this problem...mine just updated automatically through the playstore..
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Superuser by ChainsDD and Superuser by ClockworkMod Confused? Join the club:-) 2 conflicting apps may be causing Binary issues? Do ya think? Read on....

I installed DROID_RAZR_Utility_Jellybean_XT912_WinMacLin.zip and then RazrBlade for Root andSafestrap.
    I then installed kexec Rom via Safestrap to Romslot 1 and backed up my Stock.
    Packages above (forgot which one to be exact) installed Superuser on my Stock Rom.
    When I installed Kexec Rom, Superuser was not in the App drawer! Strange. Forums told me to install it from Playstore, which I did.
    So, now I get 2 reminders, one on Stock and onte on Kexec Rom! LOl
    When viewing Playstore, I noticed that there are to apps named Superuser: Superuser by ChainsDD and Superuser by ClockworkModguys! Guys! You're killing me:-) 2 apps-same names!
    I'm not a wiz at this, and it's really confusing. But, I think i know what might mbe causing the problem/conflict. - Stock may have one version, and Rom, may have had another built in? When one disappeared, i probably downloaded ther other and caused a problem???
    If that's the case, can I delete both Superuser apps ( Rom and Stock) and reinstall the same version to both sides? Which do u suggest is better to use ClockworkMod or ChainsDD?
    Sorry for such a long note, b=and Ihope u understand what I am trying to explain and solve.
    PS: i wrote developer andhave yet to receive a response.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid razr tx910

Thumbs up

hello..
    i gt a problem wit safesrtap.... after create a rom slot , hw can i delete it, i mean if i activate stok slot and, dnt need custom slot 1 anymore hw cn i do it.....
    thankz...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    If that's the case, can I delete both Superuser apps ( Rom and Stock) and reinstall the same version to both sides? Which do u suggest is better to use ClockworkMod or ChainsDD?
    Sorry for such a long note, b=and Ihope u understand what I am trying to explain and solve.
    PS: i wrote developer andhave yet to receive a response.
    Sorry Helron, I just realized I never answered this. I am assuming you are now a professional on this issues..lol. I've used both versions and I presently am using CWM. Every ROM update I have to install superuser and I am sure you figured out you could delete and reload either one. Again sorry..lol
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by kikkz View Post
    hello..
    i gt a problem wit safesrtap.... after create a rom slot , hw can i delete it, i mean if i activate stok slot and, dnt need custom slot 1 anymore hw cn i do it.....
    thankz...
    Welcome to the forum kikkz. To answer your question, activate slot 1 then go to WIPE button on the main safe strap screen. You'll see cache, dalvik, system. Wipe all three should clear out slot 1. Again make sure slot 1 is activated otherwise you may inadvertently wipe away the stock ROM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid razr tx910

Thumbs up

thank u vry much GotnFX....
    so wht about slot 1 partition space...cn i gt it bak ( i mean if i create slot 1 with 1gb, i lost about ~1.6gb from internal memory,)
    ??
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by kikkz View Post
    thank u vry much GotnFX....
    so wht about slot 1 partition space...cn i gt it bak ( i mean if i create slot 1 with 1gb, i lost about ~1.6gb from internal memory,)
    ??
    To be honest, I am not sure. I believe SS is set up to only use internal memory for the ROM slots. I like trying out different custom ROMs and slot 1 seems to be the slot of choice for the ones I've tried. I believe if you go into a file manager and look for safe strap and find ROM slot 1 you could delete it there...Again, I am not 100 % sure. Hopefully someone can chime in and confirm or give the right advice. Sorry.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Links