DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Safestrap Guide for RAZR

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Helron check this video out..this should answer all your questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDPN...e_gdata_player
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    This was a mess. However, i did create a back up on 3/31 is SS. However, I mad a lot of adjustments in April to phone since that file was backed up in March OUCH! What a loss.....UGH!
    Now, i have to restore it. Should I restore just the system files and preserve any data that was on phone or restor syste, . data, cache,and android.secure?
    I made the mistake of thinking that the new ROM would not have impacted April changes.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by helron View Post
    This was a mess. However, i did create a back up on 3/31 is SS. However, I mad a lot of adjustments in April to phone since that file was backed up in March OUCH! What a loss.....UGH!
    Now, i have to restore it. Should I restore just the system files and preserve any data that was on phone or restor syste, . data, cache,and android.secure?
    I made the mistake of thinking that the new ROM would not have impacted April changes.
    Not sure if you have done anything, but if you disable SS at the splash screen you should be back to stock OS...if you are talking about a custom ROM, I'd start completely fresh.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Was able to install Cm10.1. All fine. However, noticing now that there sin't any Microphone ability in any app and/keyboard. If this persists will delete the Rom.
    Can u expalin how I can do that Inside of SS? Or can I just more that ROM to another slot, such as RonSlot2 and leave 1 available should I wnt to try something else. I've searched and found that a lot of Roms want to be installed in SS slot1, that's why I am asking. Thanks!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Was able to install Cm10.1. All fine. However, noticing now that there sin't any Microphone ability in any app and/keyboard. If this persists will delete the Rom.
    Can u expalin how I can do that Inside of SS? Or can I just more that ROM to another slot, such as RonSlot2 and leave 1 available should I wnt to try something else. I've searched and found that a lot of Roms want to be installed in SS slot1, that's why I am asking. Thanks!
    If you want to delete the ROM, make sure ROM slot 1 is active which what CM10.1 is in and then goto Wipe to wipe cache, dalvik and data. This will clear Slot 1. Then load new ROM like you did with CM10.1. Yes you can activate and set up a different ROM slot but you basically have to do the same thing over again to get CM 10.1 to slot 2 or into a new slot...assuming no issus to use Slot 2.
    Yes you are correct a lot of ROMs require slot 1 be the preferred slot..not sure why.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with CM10.1? Great Rom!
    All seems fine, except NO GPS. Checked settings and profiles and all seems OK. Any ideas for any similar findings?

Update: I had phone set to Wifi and GPS unavailable. So, took it off Wifi and put it on 4g and it GPS was active. So, took it it off 4g and returned it to Wifi and GPS seems activated thru transition.
    Last edited by helron; 04-06-2013 at 12:21 PM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by GotnFX View Post
    Not sure if you have done anything, but if you disable SS at the splash screen you should be back to stock OS...if you are talking about a custom ROM, I'd start completely fresh.
    All seems fine, now. Question for the above statement. Exactly HOW to disable at Splash SS11? While in SS - if I select Home/Menu for Recovery
    it goes to right into CM10. If I select Search, nothing happens, but I hear what sounds like a device noise. The phone remains with no display and DOES NOT boot it STOCK?
    What is the purpose of that option f it does nothing? I assume something abnormal must be happening. The only way I can go to Stock ,is via SS first, then select Activate Stock. That can't be right.

Also!! My phone will not turn on, by using just the power Button. I must do a 3 finger salute to get it to power up. help:-) Now, it will not turn on w/o doing soft reset (power-V-)
    Last edited by helron; 04-07-2013 at 07:25 AM.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX

All seems fine, now. Question for the above statement. Exactly HOW to disable at Splash SS11? While in SS - if I select Home/Menu for Recovery
    it goes to right into CM10. If I select Search, nothing happens, but I hear what sounds like a device noise. The phone remains with no display and DOES NOT boot it STOCK?
    What is the purpose of that option f it does nothing? I assume something abnormal must be happening. The only way I can go to Stock ,is via SS first, then select Activate Stock. That can't be right.

Also!! My phone will not turn on, by using just the power Button. I must do a 3 finger salute to get it to power up. help:-) Now, it will not turn on w/o doing soft reset (power-V-)
    Sorry, yes in the SS11 Splash Screen bottom left home/Menu and bottom right is search and you are disabling correctly. Search is really a quick button to boot your phone straight to your active rom. Now I am concerned that you said when you select Home/Menu that it doesn't go to menu while in CM10....but later you state you can activate stock. So as long as you can get back to stock ROM via the SS menu screen and can activate the stock ROM (also known as disabling SS, you'll see the top of the splash screen read disabled when you reboot), SS is working correctly. Sounds like either you had a bad CM10 download or the ROM just doesnt sit well with your phone. I've had ROMs just not work right on my phone for whatever reason no matter how many times I've redownload.
    So while on stock, does the power button issue still there?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    GotnFX, thaks for response!

Ok, this is where I am at:
    Action: In SS11, activate STOCK and reboot
    Result: SS splashscreen appears, hit SEARCH, and phone boots to STOCK.
    When in stock, I get an error saying: INSTALL SUPERUSER, the binary is out of date.
    What is that all about? it's as if I fix one prob, and another pops!. Can u help?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    GotnFX, thaks for response!

Ok, this is where I am at:
    Action: In SS11, activate STOCK and reboot
    Result: SS splashscreen appears, hit SEARCH, and phone boots to STOCK.
    When in stock, I get an error saying: INSTALL SUPERUSER, the binary is out of date.
    What is that all about? it's as if I fix one prob, and another pops!. Can u help?
    Helron, did Play store update superuser?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Links