DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Safestrap Guide for RAZR

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quick question. It appears Safestrap is naming my backups and writing the timestamp incorrectly on my backups.

For example, at 7:49 am Eastern Time, I started a backup. When I rebooted back into my RAZR and looked at the backups, I noticed that they had the correct date (06-26-2012), but the time stamps started at 11:49, so it was about 4 hours later which to me is in GMT.

Is this normal? Why isn't Safestrap using the correct timezone?

Thanks!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    RAZR-DX-Dinc-Rezound-NOTE 3
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    I wish that safestrap was no longer available. I've seen so many failures with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.
    So what do you recommend instead of safestrap? Bootstrap or something else I don't know about?
  3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xfactorx316 View Post
    So what do you recommend instead of safestrap? Bootstrap or something else I don't know about?
    There is only bootstrap.

And safestrap is quite fine. I made this guide from the Droid 3. Same product. Also see timmy10shoes guide on this site.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    [QUOTE=Xfactorx316;2196083]So what do you recommend instead of safestrap? Bootstrap or something else I don't know about?[/QUOTE

I have just been thru BRICK hell with my vzw Droid razr. I won't bore you with my troubles, but here's what I learned:

After you get ICS, use a bootstrap app, "razrtouch5845.apk" (Google to find it). It works with ICS. Make a backup. Use same app to restore. However, I had massive problem with simple restore (don't know why). I finally used "advanced restore", and restored each of the five files in the .xml individually. Had no failures.

If you don't recognize any of the above, google and read forum postings until you feel you know what you need to do. Months ago, I had Safestrap Recovery on GingerBread OS. I was never able to get a backup to restore. Sorry, I don't know why. All I know is, if you get "failure with system restore" notice, you get a BRICK phone! Then the only thing I could get to work was AP Fastboot recovery using fastboot file. Now there are Fastboot files for ICS posted... again just google it. Theoretically, if you get razrTouch CWM to make backup and restore correctly, you won't need Fastboot.
    Just learn some stuff and my words won't be too mysterious. I am tempted to wish you, "Good Luck". But, it ain't luck. You have to know what to do.

MIkee R.
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    704 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    [QUOTE=k5esxg;2196247]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xfactorx316 View Post
    So what do you recommend instead of safestrap? Bootstrap or something else I don't know about?[/QUOTE

I have just been thru BRICK hell with my vzw Droid razr. I won't bore you with my troubles, but here's what I learned:

After you get ICS, use a bootstrap app, "razrtouch5845.apk" (Google to find it). It works with ICS. Make a backup. Use same app to restore. However, I had massive problem with simple restore (don't know why). I finally used "advanced restore", and restored each of the five files in the .xml individually. Had no failures.

If you don't recognize any of the above, google and read forum postings until you feel you know what you need to do. Months ago, I had Safestrap Recovery on GingerBread OS. I was never able to get a backup to restore. Sorry, I don't know why. All I know is, if you get "failure with system restore" notice, you get a BRICK phone! Then the only thing I could get to work was AP Fastboot recovery using fastboot file. Now there are Fastboot files for ICS posted... again just google it. Theoretically, if you get razrTouch CWM to make backup and restore correctly, you won't need Fastboot.
    Just learn some stuff and my words won't be too mysterious. I am tempted to wish you, "Good Luck". But, it ain't luck. You have to know what to do.

MIkee R.
    Might want to mention the note about this version of CWM.

"Important! This CWM Touch recovery is only and only for the international Droid RAZR, it will NOT work on the Verizon RAZR, so please do not try it out if you have the Verizon device. It also requires your device to be rooted.
    CompatibilityThis hack and the guide below are compatible only and only with the Motorola Droid RAZR, model number XT910. Do NOT try it on the Verizon RAZR which is model number XT912. Itís not compatible with any other device. Check your device model in Settings Ľ About phone."
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

It worked for me

The post where I found "razrtouch5845.apk" said that the developer had just finished an update to support the vzw XT912. I tried it and it worked. No debate intended. Just the facts... MIkee R.
  7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    704 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k5esxg View Post
    The post where I found "razrtouch5845.apk" said that the developer had just finished an update to support the vzw XT912. I tried it and it worked. No debate intended. Just the facts... MIkee R.
    Oh cool, that post was on the 7th of this month so they could have easily made the changes since then. Good to know it is working for the XT912 too.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    RAZR-DX-Dinc-Rezound-NOTE 3
    Quote Originally Posted by guidot View Post
    There is only bootstrap.

And safestrap is quite fine. I made this guide from the Droid 3. Same product. Also see timmy10shoes guide on this site.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks Guidot, in my past experiances Bootstrap and Safestrap have both worked out fine, I just wanted to be sure that I wan't missing out on something new.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    XT912
    When I try to enter recovery mode when I'm booting up, it seems as if it simply doesn't register me pressing menu. It reacts just fine when I press search, however. I've tried several times now, uninstalled and reinstalled, etc. Any ideas?

EDIT: Huh, I'm not sure what I did, but it worked.
    Last edited by Tatsko; 07-22-2012 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Fixed
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have a concern here. If someone were to gain physical access to my phone, no matter how strong the encryption, or my password, they can just flash it to whatever they want with safestrap? How can I protect myself from physical access if someone were to steal my phone? They may not have any of my data necessarily, but they would be able to use the phone.

Edit: Sorry reading back this sounds confusing.

I have safestrap on my razr. Shouldn't the interface be password protected?
    Last edited by andyman500@gmail.com; 08-22-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Links