DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: How To Restore Back To Original For Update

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

How To Restore Back To Original For Update

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole rooting thing so forgive me. I recently rooted my RAZR and installed Safestrap, Titanium, etc. Being the idiot I am I deleted a lot of the bloatware instead of freezing it and now when i tried installing the 173 update, I get an install failed, I'm assuming it's due to my deleted bloatware. After doing much research on various forums and trying to replace my preinstall folder, I'm still having no luck. Instead of messing something up is there a way I can just restore my phone back to the way it was when I got it and have all the original apps restored? I'd also like to keep all my contacts which I've backed up using Verizon's software, also I want to keep my music files and pictures, so I'm assuming they will have to get moved onto my SD card. Sorry about writing a whole novel about this, I've exhausted every effort to try and figure this out and everything is either too complicated for me to understand or I just don't want to do something I'm not sure of and end up bricking my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ethanparr89 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to the whole rooting thing so forgive me. I recently rooted my RAZR and installed Safestrap, Titanium, etc. Being the idiot I am I deleted a lot of the bloatware instead of freezing it and now when i tried installing the 173 update, I get an install failed, I'm assuming it's due to my deleted bloatware. After doing much research on various forums and trying to replace my preinstall folder, I'm still having no luck. Instead of messing something up is there a way I can just restore my phone back to the way it was when I got it and have all the original apps restored? I'd also like to keep all my contacts which I've backed up using Verizon's software, also I want to keep my music files and pictures, so I'm assuming they will have to get moved onto my SD card. Sorry about writing a whole novel about this, I've exhausted every effort to try and figure this out and everything is either too complicated for me to understand or I just don't want to do something I'm not sure of and end up bricking my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    You will need to flash the Fastboot ROM, then go the route of the OTA updates. You will not lose any apps or settings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Thanks a bunch! So once I use the fastboot flash and flash it back to stock, all the files I messed with and whatnot will be straightened out right? Also, will I lose my root? Not that it matters I'm just worried about getting the update installed and then, if it's needed, rerooting (and freeze the bloatware instead of removing it lol).

Actually nevermind, it worked like a dream! It's updating now with no problems, Thank you so much, I'd be lost without your help!
    Last edited by ethanparr89; 02-09-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Links