Why can't we do this on the Droid RAZR?13. Open up the command prompt in Windows:
14. The next step will unlock your bootload - this will wipe all data on your device.
- Click Start Menu, then in the search bar type: cmd (this will open the command prompt);
- Type the following: cd C:/
- Then type the following: cd root
15. You will receive a warning about unlocking. Use the volume keys to select an option and use the power button to confirm.
- In the command prompt, type the followingt: fastboot-windows oem unlock
16. Your bootloader will now say: Lock State - Unlocked (near the bottom) as well as "Fastboot Status - Okay"