***DO NOT ATTEMPT, unless you clearly understand what to do. Several users have had major issues, it is unknown if they followed the procedure correctly. There may be no benefit to following this procedure anyway, and this does not appear to be required to install the OTA update.
After searching all the forums I'm familiar with, I couldn't find how to remove the RAZR Bootstrap custom recovery, by DooMLoRD. Obviously the RazrBootstrap apk needed to be uninstalled, but what about the flashed recovery portion?
I found a thread on DroidXForums.com by Abe21599, which suggested the following for a Droid X:
1. Reroot (If not currently rooted)
2. Get root explorer in the market
3. Uninstall the bootstrap app
4. Go into root explorer to system/bin
5. In top right corner tap r/w
6. Delete the file called hijack
7. Delete logwrapper
8. Rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper
9. Reboot and it should be gone.
(thanks to Droidforums member Hostility6)
Full thread: [HOW TO] Install and Remove Bootstrap Recovery
I followed the above directions, and booted into the stock recovery with both volume buttons held on power-up.
All seems well, but could someone with a better understanding of how recoveries work chime in?
I'm returning to stock... NOT to return my beloved RAZR, but for a good reason