DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Need Help With Rooted Droid Razr

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Need Help With Rooted Droid Razr

I recently bought the droid razr and rooted it with a one click rooting program i found. I have a few questions:

I backed up my phone with titanium backup since i heard it was a good idea to. Should i have backed it up before i rooted it and if so how? Also after i backed my phone up with ti, i moved the file from my internal storage to my Sd card and my computer. If my phone crashes, how do i restore it with that backup? can i restore from a backup that is on my sd card? (Any and all information about backing up/ restoring you know is helpful)

If android releases a software upgrade, what do i do to keep the root? Or will i not be able to since im rooted and the phone wont? (thats what i have heard)

Ever since i rooted my phone, the widget Toggle: Power Controls, doesnt work immediately when i turn on my phone (cant add widgets either that work). i have to wait until the notification bar says: Bootstrapper recovery is granted super user permissions. then it works perfectly. Is this normal?

Whats with custom roms. I know that rom (read only memory) is basically what the phone operates off of and rooting allows you to change it. How can i do that and is it really worth trying(im new to rooting and have a limited knowledge)? I have heard it can mess your phone up pretty bad.

While out of country (wifi and airplane mode on so i dont get charged) can anyone else acess the main page(feature, categories, etc...) of the android market? i couldnt but i was still able to search and download. after i rooted my phone i could view the main page.

Thanks for all your help.

Links