DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: How do i uninstall superuser

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid

Oh well

Just used JP's method .... now phone will only show motorola logo and go back off - not looking so good - can't even get it to load tot he fastboot screen - not a good morning so far.
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    703 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hamchannell View Post
    Just used JP's method .... now phone will only show motorola logo and go back off - not looking so good - can't even get it to load tot he fastboot screen - not a good morning so far.
    If you press and hold the volume down and power button for 10 seconds the phone should reboot. As soon as the screen flashes hold the volume up and down at the same time and see if you can get into the recovery menu.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Well I just finished following JP's instructions. It seemed to work fine with the install of the original .211 (option 1) install and then when I tried to turn phone back on .... nothing - it won't turn on - all I got is the Motorola logo and then it turned off and now it doesn't even come on - so I am guessing that I am the proud owner of a bricked phone.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid

OK That worked and thanks

I got the menu - so a droid on his back with a chest flap open with an orange triangle with a black exclamtion mark in it indicate something good or bad lol
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I got the menu - so a droid on his back with a chest flap open with an orange triangle with a black exclamtion mark in it indicate something good or bad lol
    Also when I select normal power up it just goes to the Motorola Logo then screen goes Black, no booting up - no happy little animation - nada - getitng ready to try to reinstall the .211 Fastboot Restore
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Also when I select normal power up it just goes to the Motorola Logo then screen goes Black, no booting up - no happy little animation - nada - getitng ready to try to reinstall the .211 Fastboot Restore
    Ah well Droid toon on his back witht he chest flap open again with orange triangle with black exclamation mark - any thoughts anyone?
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Ah well Droid toon on his back witht he chest flap open again with orange triangle with black exclamation mark - any thoughts anyone?
    When you get the Droid w/chest flap hold down the volume up and volume down buttons together. That will boot you into recovery. From their clear cache and then select reboot.

I'm not sure why the utility didn't work for you, but if what I just recommended doesn't get you up and running Sydman just posted another method of returning to stock titled "All eggs in one basket". You can give that method a try also.
    Last edited by jpcalhoun; 07-30-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    TisMyDroid likes this.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
    When you get the Droid w/chest flap hold down the volume up and volume down buttons together. That will boot you into recovery. From their clear cache and then select reboot.

I'm not sure why the utility didn't work for you, but if what I just recommended doesn't get you up and running Sydman just posted another method of returning to stock titled "All eggs in one basket". You can give that method a try also.
    Ok tried that method and thanks for posting the suggestion. Same result though - Motorola Logo comes on for about 5 seconds and then screen goes black and there is no cinematic - no working phone.

I will try Sydmans suggestion next. Thanks again though.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    If you press and hold the volume down and power button for 10 seconds the phone should reboot. As soon as the screen flashes hold the volume up and down at the same time and see if you can get into the recovery menu.
    It takes me to the recovery menu and I select "recovery" and get that sad little droid on his back.

Is there any application out there that would just wipe everything, and then load the original 2.3 honeycomb that came on the Razr when it released 11-11-11 with all the stock apps and such?
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    703 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Ok tried that method and thanks for posting the suggestion. Same result though - Motorola Logo comes on for about 5 seconds and then screen goes black and there is no cinematic - no working phone.

I will try Sydmans suggestion next. Thanks again though.
    Yeah if you just need to get back to stock ICS I would recommend using the fastboot files with RSD lite, just need to boot your phone back into AP Fastboot mode and follow the instructions in that link.

All eggs in one basket...
    TisMyDroid likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links