DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: $150 Lapdock 500

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr
    $160.49 with the tax. What a deal. Now if I can just explain why I needed to get it to the wife I'll be golden. Have to make sure I know what day it's comming so I can get flowers on the way home from work.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Just curious if anybody had theirs shipped yet? Would hate to think this is a screw up like best buy made with their TV or recently Radio shack did with their laptop. I am sure Verizon would not honor their price
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed270 View Post
    Just curious if anybody had theirs shipped yet? Would hate to think this is a screw up like best buy made with their TV or recently Radio shack did with their laptop. I am sure Verizon would not honor their price
    Could be they'll cancel the (many) orders. But if so, I'm out nothing but some more time wasted on Verizon's AWFUL website. And I've wasted many more hours trying to navigate that terrible site over the years. If the order does go through the savings will be a very small repayment for my time over the years.

By the way, I'm not familiar with either of the cases you cite but I am familiar with cases where a newspaper ad or flyer specifies an absurdly low price for an item as a result of an error. In those cases the vendor is not required to honor the price though they sometimes make some sort of accommodation with those who try to purchase the item in the form of a gift certificate. But that is purely a matter of maintaining good will with customers.

On the other hand, in this case the purchase was consummated on Verizon's own website. They took my CC number and gave me an order number. If they place a charge against that card they're obligated to complete the transaction. Otherwise, it's fraudulent. I'm prepared to receive an apologetic email from the incompetent boobs who manage the Verizon website if they don't charge my card, but if they do, they're gonna ship the lapdock.

P.S. Even more mysterious is a comment I noticed on another website. According to the poster if one purchases the lapdock for the Razr rather than the Droid 4 the price shows as $249. However, if one completes the transaction, the charge shown in the cart is only $149. Don't know whether this is true and don't know if it reflects VZW's decision to abide by the price they set for a phone they claim is incompatible with the lapdock or whether it's simply more incompetence in the management of their website.
    Last edited by jsh1120; 02-25-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Best buy had mistakenly put a 52" Samsung Tv on sale for $9.99 back in 2009 (online) orders were confirmed and then canceled by best buy. Radio Shack had a toshiba laptop reg $469 on sale for $69 (should have been on sale for $400)in Jan 2012 .
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Anyone know if the phone (D4) will fit in the lapdock 500 with the verizon case? I had an employee tell me so when I bought the 4, but I'm not sure I believe him.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Twitter
    mattlgroff
    Phone
    T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I can confirmed mine was shipped. It's on its way here now! Tracking number and all.
    Last edited by mattlgroff; 02-25-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    If anyone is feeling generous and wants to buy me a "beer" then click the link below the spinning batarang.

Help Repair Gotham City

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Great news! Thanks for the info mattlgroff
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy note 3, RAZR XT912
    Just ordered one too, lets hope they are worth while. By the way This guy says that all the features do not work with the Bionic (camera, vga out and ethernet cable):

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    $159.74 and i have a month to pay for it!!lol hope its woth it.....Great deal either way
    Last edited by BigE"s DROID; 02-25-2012 at 07:32 PM.
    Could Someone tell me what that messageing Widget is in the 2nd screenshot on OP??Lmao!!!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I wasn't in the market for one but if it strength doesn't tickle my fancy I'll get my money back. Should be a neat toy until devs decide if they want to make the dock sing for the bionic!

Sent from my AXI0M[B] AOKP using DroidForums
    Riding the information superhighway, next exit Droidforums.net
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links