DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: $150 Lapdock 500

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy note 3, RAZR XT912
    They put out a version of VPN anyconnect that work with the RAZR!!!!

It also work with the firefox app in the phone, however it seems the lapdock "webtop" app
    remembers the DNS settings from before the vpn connection. Any ideas on how to force it to
    refresh?
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Just checked my order status and it still sales in processing check back tomorrow. I imagine I will be getting an email saying they cancelled the order soon since they kick them out after 7 days. Makes me sad, I want to check this thing out.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX

Power on the lapdock

Does anyone who has one of these agree with this statement from the manual:

"Your phone starts to charge when you attach it, even if your dock is not plugged into a wall outlet." (page 6 of the included manual)

Mine looks to be charging my phone when dock is attached to AC but when I unplug, charging stops.

Thanks.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    My phone charges (says connected to AC) a long as the doc is charged, the lapdoc does not need to be plugged in; it still charges the phone even when the lapdock is in sleep mode with the screen closed.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    Wasn't impressed with lapdock's performance and sent it back to verizon for refund. Problem was that websites that didn't work on the phone due to flash using up all the memory, weren't working on the dock either. Since my wife likes playing flash based games on her laptop this was a let down.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by xeene View Post
    Wasn't impressed with lapdock's performance and sent it back to verizon for refund. Problem was that websites that didn't work on the phone due to flash using up all the memory, weren't working on the dock either. Since my wife likes playing flash based games on her laptop this was a let down.
    I could see that being a problem for some. I wonder if ICS will bring updates to the browsers' functionality.
    For me the ability to use vpn (new razr optimized at the app store) without rooting and go to internal work
    webpages (minimal flash support needed) far out weighs the bells and whistles. There are plenty of gaming
    app options on android that do work for me.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX
    Thanks for your input. I think it was all about the lapdock power management settings. Once I changed the settings to maximize the phone battery life, it started charging the phone without the AC plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
    My phone charges (says connected to AC) a long as the doc is charged, the lapdoc does not need to be plugged in; it still charges the phone even when the lapdock is in sleep mode with the screen closed.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Regarding power management while running on battery alone, there are three power states (I don't have my lapdock with me at the moment; these may not be the exact names):
    1. Maximize Phone Battery - This option uses the lapdock battery to charge the phone and power the display. Phone battery should increase, while lapdock battery will decrease.
    2. Automatic - This option uses BOTH the phone AND lapdock battery. Both batteries will discharge until the phone reaches a charge of 60%, at which point the lapdock will charge the phone.
    3. Maximize Lapdock Battery - This option is similar to Automatic except that the lapdock won't charge the phone until the phone reaches 30% battery.
    Hopefully this clears things up.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    too bad I didn't see this sooner, it's now out of stock and I've been thinking of getting one of these to replace the xoom I gave to my daughter.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by buck i View Post
    Regarding power management while running on battery alone, there are three power states (I don't have my lapdock with me at the moment; these may not be the exact names):
    1. Maximize Phone Battery - This option uses the lapdock battery to charge the phone and power the display. Phone battery should increase, while lapdock battery will decrease.
    2. Automatic - This option uses BOTH the phone AND lapdock battery. Both batteries will discharge until the phone reaches a charge of 60%, at which point the lapdock will charge the phone.
    3. Maximize Lapdock Battery - This option is similar to Automatic except that the lapdock won't charge the phone until the phone reaches 30% battery.
    Hopefully this clears things up.
    Thank you! I figured out what each one meant but did not know about there charging at certain percentages. How did you figure that out? I am finding very little useful documentation for this product.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Links