DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone find a holster for a naked Razr Maxx?

  1. Droid Newbie
    brockr2's Avatar
    Member #
    258121
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #21

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by wernst View Post
    So I've used Seidio holsters for my naked devices (that is, no case) since my Treo 650, then Centro, then OG Droid. My Maxx is coming, and I can't find any classic belt-holsters for it. I have a leather case with a belt hook coming, but I'd rather have a holster. Anyone find one?

    -Warr
    If your looking for all the newest cases or a great case for the Razr maxx or any phone, look at Ryno Wireless. Their site is Ryno Wireless, they have all kinds of awesome product and great deals plus free shipping.
  2. Senior Droid
    wernst's Avatar
    Member #
    40357
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    110
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by brockr2 View Post
    If your looking for all the newest cases or a great case for the Razr maxx or any phone, look at Ryno Wireless. Their site is Ryno Wireless, they have all kinds of awesome product and great deals plus free shipping.
    Nice Try, Ryno Wireless! ;-)

    -Warr
  3. Droid
    marlonvps's Avatar
    Member #
    255052
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    70
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    So the DX holster arrived today. The Maxx fits it fine, but for some reason my phone keeps vibrating randomly. And no, it's not because I'm getting a message. It vibrates once when I put it in the holster, and then vibrates twice at random times after it's in, so I don't think it'll work. I think it has something to do with the volume button being pushed the entire time, because the side rests on the volume down button. The sides fit really tight, which is nice, because it doesn't move around, but not nice because it's always pushing on the volume rocker. Regardless, here's the pictures:



    Too bad, because it really does fit rather well. Maybe I can cut off part of the side piece with my drimel. I'll try that when I get a chance.
    really it is very bad.
  4. Droid Newbie
    brockr2's Avatar
    Member #
    258121
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst View Post
    So I've used Seidio holsters for my naked devices (that is, no case) since my Treo 650, then Centro, then OG Droid. My Maxx is coming, and I can't find any classic belt-holsters for it. I have a leather case with a belt hook coming, but I'd rather have a holster. Anyone find one?

    -Warr
    Check out Ryno Wireless, for the Razr Maxx

    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX
  5. Senior Droid
    IN AWE's Avatar
    Member #
    10133
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    157
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst View Post
    Success! Sort of. Depending on how picky you are.

    First, of the three DroidX (in a case) Holsters Seidio sells, they all "fit" the Razr Maxx in the sense that the Maxx is held reasonably securely on your belt. However, only one of the holsters both "fits pretty well" and actually works one-handed to quickly get your Maxx into and out of the holster without even looking. That one is "Seidio SURFACE Holster" (product code HLMTDXASC), which sells for $30. The product URL is: seidioonline.com

    The Maxx is quite secure in this holster, however the spring slip extends quite a bit out beyond the back of the Maxx itself. Fortunately, the top clip is Arch-shaped, and the Maxx naturally fits at the top of the arch, so the rubber "stopper" doesn't really engage, but it doesn't really need to. If you push the Maxx against the stopper of the top clip, there is a significant gap between the screen and the holster, but the Maxx is still quite secure.

    Here are the photos everyone is clamoring for:

    Attachment 48134Attachment 48135Attachment 48136Attachment 48137


    As you can see, the side-to-side fit is excellent. The bottom corners are an appropriate depth to securely grab the Maxx without it being a tight squeeze. But in the last two photos, you can clearly see how far the top clip extends past the back of the Maxx. It is slightly annoying.

    The real question, to me is this. If you spend $30 on this, would you then spend $30 more bucks on a proper "Naked Maxx" holster if Seidio ever released one? I probably would, but I guess it would depend on how much smaller the top clip was. On the other hand, if Seidio never released a proper "Naked Maxx" holster, I think anyone would consider this one "good enough."

    So, how long do you want to wait until it is clear if Seidio will make what we want before buying this one?

    Hope this helps,
    Warr
    I'm going to revive this thread. I too am in the same boat as I like my devices to be "naked". I do like this as an option, but the spring clip does stick out to far. I have not yet purchased a RAZR MAXX and will not pull the trigger due to the fact there is no Seidio naked holster or any decent holster for that matter.

    I was wondering if the spring clip from the DroidX naked holster is universal and could fit on the DroidX surface holster body to make a better fit. The DroidX is 9/16ths of an inch thick at the camera hump not sure about the RAZR. If the "Naked clip" mates with the "Surface body" it could be a winner. It might be possible to sweet talk Seidio into letting us buy that part or find a used one on Craigslist or eBay to Frankenstein one together.

    Here is a picture of my Seidio DroidX Naked holster top spring clip.
    Anyone find a holster for a naked Razr Maxx?-2012-06-03_15-21-52_105.jpg

    What do you think?
  6. Master Droid
    scottysize's Avatar
    Member #
    115428
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sanger, TX
    Posts
    393
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    #26
    Still way too big. I'm still hoping that they create one. I did buy this case this week. http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Motoro...7701118&sr=8-4

    I like it and it's easy to get in and out.
  7. Super Moderator
    cr6's Avatar
    Member #
    185494
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NW Rocky Mtn region
    Posts
    163
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #27
    I just can't get used to a holster or belt clip for the larger smartphones these days. It used to work great for my old school Razr flip phone, but today's 4"+ phones are just too large to hang off your belt or on a clip IMO. The convenience of them ARE nice though!

    **tap'n**
  8. Senior Droid
    IN AWE's Avatar
    Member #
    10133
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    157
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by cr6 View Post
    I just can't get used to a holster or belt clip for the larger smartphones these days. It used to work great for my old school Razr flip phone, but today's 4"+ phones are just too large to hang off your belt or on a clip IMO. The convenience of them ARE nice though!

    **tap'n**
    Personal preference, I can't stand the 4"+ phones in my pocket. Holster is the only way I will carry one, but I REFUSE to put a case on it.
  9. Senior Droid
    IN AWE's Avatar
    Member #
    10133
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    157
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    I'm not yet convinced it's to big. I need to know the thickness of the MAXX at the camera hump.

    What you ordered IMO make the whole phone stick out to far, not just one little piece of the spring clip. Most of all it is not "naked". The whole point of this thread is to keep the device without any case.
  10. Senior Droid
    wernst's Avatar
    Member #
    40357
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    110
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by IN AWE View Post
    I'm going to revive this thread. I too am in the same boat as I like my devices to be "naked". I do like this as an option, but the spring clip does stick out to far. I have not yet purchased a RAZR MAXX and will not pull the trigger due to the fact there is no Seidio naked holster or any decent holster for that matter.

    I was wondering if the spring clip from the DroidX naked holster is universal and could fit on the DroidX surface holster body to make a better fit. The DroidX is 9/16ths of an inch thick at the camera hump not sure about the RAZR. If the "Naked clip" mates with the "Surface body" it could be a winner. It might be possible to sweet talk Seidio into letting us buy that part or find a used one on Craigslist or eBay to Frankenstein one together.

    Here is a picture of my Seidio DroidX Naked holster top spring clip.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-03_15-21-52_105.jpg 
Views:	666 
Size:	480.4 KB 
ID:	50668

    What do you think?
    I looked at that option too, and I think you'd need some sort of precise and powerful machine press to drive out the pin that forms the axle of the hinge for the clip, and then something that could re-insert a new pin for the shorter clip.

    It's something that Seidio could do easily but I could not. If you think of a way how, please share it with us.

    -Warr
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Naked phone holster!
    By AverageJoe in forum Droid 4 Accessories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 08:56 PM
  2. RAZR MAXX Shell/Holster Combo
    By cece5702 in forum Droid RAZR Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 03:28 AM
  3. Razr Maxx OS vs G Nexus OS? Maxx Felt Snappier?
    By daudi81 in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 06:59 AM
  4. Naked Belt Clip Holster
    By Jormugandr in forum Droid RAZR Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 05:33 PM
  5. Regular old naked Bionic holster at Seidio
    By bbtkd in forum Droid Bionic Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2011, 04:35 PM

Search tags for this page

droid razr maxx belt clip
,

droid razr maxx holster

,
droid razr maxx leather holster
,
holster for razr maxx
,
razr maxx belt clip
,
razr maxx hd belt clip
,
razr maxx hd holster
,
razr maxx hd naked holster
,

razr maxx holster

,
razr maxx holster case
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+