DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone find a holster for a naked Razr Maxx?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    Well, two things:

1. I emailed Siedo and asked them to please make a spring-loaded holster for the Maxx. I recommend that everyone shoot them an email. The more of us that ask they might actually start selling one for us.

2. I went ahead and ordered the one for the DroidX to give it a shot. Thanks Geramlin!

PG, once I get the holster, I'll shot some pictures of it once I get it Thursday, if you haven't ordered one by then.
    Thanks Scottysize! I have not bought one yet. I've been hesitating a bit because returns and exchanges are such a pain in the #$%^&*!! LoL.
    I also sent Siedo an email to produce the spring-loaded holster. I'm looking forward to your update!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    I think this is what you are looking for.

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/xt910holster.html

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Quote Originally Posted by mshardee View Post
    I think this is what you are looking for.

Holster For Motorola DROID RAZR (XT912) - Motorola DROID RAZR (XT912)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Close. If I still had a Razr, it'd be perfect, but the Maxx has a bigger battery, so it probably won't fit in this one. But that's the first Razr one I've seen.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Success! Sort of. Depending on how picky you are.

First, of the three DroidX (in a case) Holsters Seidio sells, they all "fit" the Razr Maxx in the sense that the Maxx is held reasonably securely on your belt. However, only one of the holsters both "fits pretty well" and actually works one-handed to quickly get your Maxx into and out of the holster without even looking. That one is "Seidio SURFACE Holster" (product code HLMTDXASC), which sells for $30. The product URL is: seidioonline.com

The Maxx is quite secure in this holster, however the spring slip extends quite a bit out beyond the back of the Maxx itself. Fortunately, the top clip is Arch-shaped, and the Maxx naturally fits at the top of the arch, so the rubber "stopper" doesn't really engage, but it doesn't really need to. If you push the Maxx against the stopper of the top clip, there is a significant gap between the screen and the holster, but the Maxx is still quite secure.

Here are the photos everyone is clamoring for:

Anyone find a holster for a naked Razr Maxx?-img_20120307_105047.jpgAnyone find a holster for a naked Razr Maxx?-img_20120307_105100.jpgAnyone find a holster for a naked Razr Maxx?-img_20120307_105131.jpgAnyone find a holster for a naked Razr Maxx?-img_20120307_105202.jpg

As you can see, the side-to-side fit is excellent. The bottom corners are an appropriate depth to securely grab the Maxx without it being a tight squeeze. But in the last two photos, you can clearly see how far the top clip extends past the back of the Maxx. It is slightly annoying.

The real question, to me is this. If you spend $30 on this, would you then spend $30 more bucks on a proper "Naked Maxx" holster if Seidio ever released one? I probably would, but I guess it would depend on how much smaller the top clip was. On the other hand, if Seidio never released a proper "Naked Maxx" holster, I think anyone would consider this one "good enough."

So, how long do you want to wait until it is clear if Seidio will make what we want before buying this one?

Hope this helps,
    Warr
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Well, that's too far for me to spend $30 on, so I guess I'm picky. I did spend $10 on the holster/shell combo. It should hopefully be here tomorrow. i'll post picture of that fit. Would I spend $30 on a Seidio that fit the Maxx? You bet I would!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst View Post
    Success! Sort of. Depending on how picky you are.

First, of the three DroidX (in a case) Holsters Seidio sells, they all "fit" the Razr Maxx in the sense that the Maxx is held reasonably securely on your belt. However, only one of the holsters both "fits pretty well" and actually works one-handed to quickly get your Maxx into and out of the holster without even looking. That one is "Seidio SURFACE Holster" (product code HLMTDXASC), which sells for $30. The product URL is: seidioonline.com

The Maxx is quite secure in this holster, however the spring slip extends quite a bit out beyond the back of the Maxx itself. Fortunately, the top clip is Arch-shaped, and the Maxx naturally fits at the top of the arch, so the rubber "stopper" doesn't really engage, but it doesn't really need to. If you push the Maxx against the stopper of the top clip, there is a significant gap between the screen and the holster, but the Maxx is still quite secure.

Here are the photos everyone is clamoring for:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120307_105047.jpg 
Views:	901 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	48134Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120307_105100.jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	48135Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120307_105131.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	48136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120307_105202.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	48137

As you can see, the side-to-side fit is excellent. The bottom corners are an appropriate depth to securely grab the Maxx without it being a tight squeeze. But in the last two photos, you can clearly see how far the top clip extends past the back of the Maxx. It is slightly annoying.

The real question, to me is this. If you spend $30 on this, would you then spend $30 more bucks on a proper "Naked Maxx" holster if Seidio ever released one? I probably would, but I guess it would depend on how much smaller the top clip was. On the other hand, if Seidio never released a proper "Naked Maxx" holster, I think anyone would consider this one "good enough."

So, how long do you want to wait until it is clear if Seidio will make what we want before buying this one?

Hope this helps,
    Warr

Thanks for the update! I found this last night on Amazon and decided to give it a try. It should be here next week. I'll let you know how it works out or if it's just another cheap attempt at a holster.

Amazon.com: Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX Black Cell Phone Holster With Belt Clip: Cell Phones & Accessories
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    So the DX holster arrived today. The Maxx fits it fine, but for some reason my phone keeps vibrating randomly. And no, it's not because I'm getting a message. It vibrates once when I put it in the holster, and then vibrates twice at random times after it's in, so I don't think it'll work. I think it has something to do with the volume button being pushed the entire time, because the side rests on the volume down button. The sides fit really tight, which is nice, because it doesn't move around, but not nice because it's always pushing on the volume rocker. Regardless, here's the pictures:

Too bad, because it really does fit rather well. Maybe I can cut off part of the side piece with my drimel. I'll try that when I get a chance.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Quote Originally Posted by PG1976 View Post
    Thanks for the update! I found this last night on Amazon and decided to give it a try. It should be here next week. I'll let you know how it works out or if it's just another cheap attempt at a holster.

Amazon.com: Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX Black Cell Phone Holster With Belt Clip: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Figures. I clicked on the link, and it says it's out of stock with no expected back in stock date. You must have bought the last one.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Have Dremel, will travel. Sanded down part of the side piece. Now it fits without pushing the volume rocker and no mysterious vibration. I'll still pay the $30 if Seidio makes one, but at least I have something to tide me over.

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Don't feel too bad. I got an email last night saying that the order was canceled because they did not have the part and had no information on when, if ever, they would get it back in.

I did find and order another one from a different company tho. Let's hope that this one comes thru ok.

Black Holster w Swivel Belt Clip For Motorola Droid RAZR RAZR MAXX | eBay
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links