DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Webtop Hack implications

  1. Senior Droid
    todroid's Avatar
    Member #
    2112
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #1

    Webtop Hack implications

    Now that the webtop hack works well for the Razr (did it myself last night), I really don't see the need for the standard dock anymore, as it has exactly the same output ports as the phone itself. Are you returning yours?
    Also, has anyone tried the new Motorola keyboard with trackpad? I don't see it anywhere else other than Motorola site. The few hands-on reviews have been positive, so I'm looking forward to it.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    dmisc's Avatar
    Member #
    7992
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    bay area
    Posts
    118
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR sharp -> MAXX power
    #2
    I have the keyboard with trackpad. So far I am liking it. However, the trackpad is a little sticky and hard to control/maneuver. I have not found a way to configure the trackpad yet. I would like to configure its sensitivity, speed, etc. The keyboard in nice and compact and can easily lay on my lap about 10-15 feet away from my Razr...which is docked on the standard HD dock. I will not be returning the dock because I got it through Costco's rebates/accessories kit. Plus I like placing my phone on there and using my alarm dock ui.

    I purchased the keyboard from a VZN corporate store for $100. I believe, the last time I checked, it was $75 at Motorola's store, and I think with free shipping.
    todroid likes this.
  4. Senior Droid
    eric.scheman's Avatar
    Member #
    37237
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    105
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by todroid View Post
    Now that the webtop hack works well for the Razr (did it myself last night), I really don't see the need for the standard dock anymore, as it has exactly the same output ports as the phone itself. Are you returning yours?
    Also, has anyone tried the new Motorola keyboard with trackpad? I don't see it anywhere else other than Motorola site. The few hands-on reviews have been positive, so I'm looking forward to it.
    When I wipe the cache does that clear my phone? Basically, will I have to re-setup my phone (screens, Widgets,...) when I'm done?
  5. Senior Droid
    todroid's Avatar
    Member #
    2112
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.scheman View Post
    When I wipe the cache does that clear my phone? Basically, will I have to re-setup my phone (screens, Widgets,...) when I'm done?
    Nope. Nothing on your phone will be erased. No data is wiped, just cache. Everything will stay the same.
    Btw, for those who do the hack, it works well. But, reboot the phone after using the webtop, otherwise the remaining processes in the background will eat your battery alive. Just a tip.
  6. Senior Droid
    eric.scheman's Avatar
    Member #
    37237
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    105
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    I found the Nebtop app and used that and it works nicely and looks really good on my tv. Would it make a difference if i did the hack this wasy or just used the app thats on xda forums? As far as quality or more features/ settings?
  7. Droid
    davoIII's Avatar
    Member #
    242742
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    71
    Phone
    Droid razr
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by todroid View Post
    Now that the webtop hack works well for the Razr (did it myself last night), I really don't see the need for the standard dock anymore, as it has exactly the same output ports as the phone itself. Are you returning yours?
    Also, has anyone tried the new Motorola keyboard with trackpad? I don't see it anywhere else other than Motorola site. The few hands-on reviews have been positive, so I'm looking forward to it.
    What is this Web top hack u speek of

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  8. Senior Droid
    todroid's Avatar
    Member #
    2112
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by davoIII View Post
    What is this Web top hack u speek of

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    How to Enable Webtop on Your Droid Razr Using Only an HDMI Cable
  9. Junior Droid
    RAZRblade's Avatar
    Member #
    244252
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dmisc View Post
    I have the keyboard with trackpad. So far I am liking it. However, the trackpad is a little sticky and hard to control/maneuver. I have not found a way to configure the trackpad yet. I would like to configure its sensitivity, speed, etc.

    I think the mouse/ keyboard settings are in the upper right corner of the webtop. Just found out the settings are up there the other night.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  10. Senior Droid
    todroid's Avatar
    Member #
    2112
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZRblade View Post
    I think the mouse/ keyboard settings are in the upper right corner of the webtop. Just found out the settings are up there the other night.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Thanks a lot RAZRblade, glad to know there are settings. May order that keyboard now. Do you like it?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  11. Junior Droid
    RAZRblade's Avatar
    Member #
    244252
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    #10
    Don't have it. I want to look around a bit and see if I can find a smaller one.. there's a foldable one but I didn't look into it at all. If I get the hd station I may get a usb in. Already have a usb mouse, but I don't know how well zooming and scrolling would work

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droid Bionic Webtop Hack
    By adbloch in forum Droid Bionic Hacks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 02:06 PM
  2. Webtop hack not working
    By Irieone in forum Droid Bionic Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 05:09 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 12:18 PM
  4. Webtop Chromium Hack-Rooted Users Only
    By tallnerd1985 in forum Droid Bionic Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 01:43 AM
  5. Anyone working on the Webtop Hack Yet??
    By BlueSami in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 09:54 PM

Search tags for this page

bionic webtop hack
,

droid bionic webtop hack

,

droid razr webtop hack

,
how to enable webtop on razr
,
motorola razr webtop hack
,
nebtop no trackpad
,

razr webtop hack

,

webtop hack

,
webtop hack bionic
,

webtop hack razr

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+