DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Webtop Hack implications

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid

Webtop Hack implications

Now that the webtop hack works well for the Razr (did it myself last night), I really don't see the need for the standard dock anymore, as it has exactly the same output ports as the phone itself. Are you returning yours?
    Also, has anyone tried the new Motorola keyboard with trackpad? I don't see it anywhere else other than Motorola site. The few hands-on reviews have been positive, so I'm looking forward to it.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR sharp -> MAXX power
    I have the keyboard with trackpad. So far I am liking it. However, the trackpad is a little sticky and hard to control/maneuver. I have not found a way to configure the trackpad yet. I would like to configure its sensitivity, speed, etc. The keyboard in nice and compact and can easily lay on my lap about 10-15 feet away from my Razr...which is docked on the standard HD dock. I will not be returning the dock because I got it through Costco's rebates/accessories kit. Plus I like placing my phone on there and using my alarm dock ui.

I purchased the keyboard from a VZN corporate store for $100. I believe, the last time I checked, it was $75 at Motorola's store, and I think with free shipping.
    todroid likes this.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by todroid View Post
    Now that the webtop hack works well for the Razr (did it myself last night), I really don't see the need for the standard dock anymore, as it has exactly the same output ports as the phone itself. Are you returning yours?
    Also, has anyone tried the new Motorola keyboard with trackpad? I don't see it anywhere else other than Motorola site. The few hands-on reviews have been positive, so I'm looking forward to it.
    When I wipe the cache does that clear my phone? Basically, will I have to re-setup my phone (screens, Widgets,...) when I'm done?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.scheman View Post
    When I wipe the cache does that clear my phone? Basically, will I have to re-setup my phone (screens, Widgets,...) when I'm done?
    Nope. Nothing on your phone will be erased. No data is wiped, just cache. Everything will stay the same.
    Btw, for those who do the hack, it works well. But, reboot the phone after using the webtop, otherwise the remaining processes in the background will eat your battery alive. Just a tip.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I found the Nebtop app and used that and it works nicely and looks really good on my tv. Would it make a difference if i did the hack this wasy or just used the app thats on xda forums? As far as quality or more features/ settings?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid razr
    Quote Originally Posted by todroid View Post
    What is this Web top hack u speek of

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by davoIII View Post
    What is this Web top hack u speek of

How to Enable Webtop on Your Droid Razr Using Only an HDMI Cable
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by dmisc View Post
    I have the keyboard with trackpad. So far I am liking it. However, the trackpad is a little sticky and hard to control/maneuver. I have not found a way to configure the trackpad yet. I would like to configure its sensitivity, speed, etc.

I think the mouse/ keyboard settings are in the upper right corner of the webtop. Just found out the settings are up there the other night.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZRblade View Post
    I think the mouse/ keyboard settings are in the upper right corner of the webtop. Just found out the settings are up there the other night.

Thanks a lot RAZRblade, glad to know there are settings. May order that keyboard now. Do you like it?

11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Don't have it. I want to look around a bit and see if I can find a smaller one.. there's a foldable one but I didn't look into it at all. If I get the hd station I may get a usb in. Already have a usb mouse, but I don't know how well zooming and scrolling would work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links