DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best Car Dock

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Quote Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
    Hey, thanks for going to the trouble of taking those shots! I get it. I broke down an purchased a high gloss silicone cover that fits the MAXX at the Verizon store. I was able to talk the sales clerk into opening up a Verizon car dock that is specific to the MAXX. It says on the box that it will work with a protective cover. We gave it a whirl. It was a tight not perfect fit with the edges of the car dock slightly bent outward and under a bit of stress. It was $39. I decided not to buy it. I'm going to get the Motorola instead.
    The Motorola one won't fit with the silicon case either.

Maybe something like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/iKross-Dashboard-Incredible-Sensation-Thunderbolt/dp/B0060B38SY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1329699843&sr=8-4

O
    r this:
    Amazon.com: Universal Windshield Car Window Mount Dock Suction Cup Holder Cradle for Motorola Droid 3, Photon 4G, TRIUMPH, Electrify 4G, Atrix 2, DROID RAZR, Droid 4, DROID RAZR MAXX (Comes with Suction Phone Holder): Cell Phones & Accessories

Or this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Charger-Adapters-SmartPhones-Players/dp/B006GNM88W/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1329699896&sr=8-20

Y
    ou'll need something generic, if you want to keep the case on.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Last edited by Telescopist; 02-21-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    Telescopist
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Meanwhile, I have shifted my attention slightly. Since my van is not accessorized to hell and back like your fancy truck, I am wondering if it would make sense to purchase a bluetooth portable car speaker such as this: Amazon.com: Motorola T325 Bluetooth Portable Car Speaker (Black, Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessoriesoes the MAXX have bluetooth installed? I cannot seem to find it.
    Ya, that would work. ^^^^ Go into settings - wireless and you'll see your bluetooth options.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    Ya, that would work. ^^^^ Go into settings - wireless and you'll see your bluetooth options.
    Ah. Life is good. I'm gonna order one of these speakers and a dock. I should be a better person for it.
    Telescopist
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    One other question. Will the MAXX via bluetooth port over to the speaker phone voice commands when you have a navigation application running? Which bring another question to mine: which navigation application do you favor? Thanks.
    Telescopist
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    It sucks i cant find the car dock which ships to New Zealand
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    razr

skype for razr in dock

I'm considering getting one of these. Has anyone tried to use the skype video function while it is in the dock? Just a curiosity if it works. It would essentially be hands free calling with video.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Quote Originally Posted by marcaineart View Post
    I'm considering getting one of these. Has anyone tried to use the skype video function while it is in the dock? Just a curiosity if it works. It would essentially be hands free calling with video.
    You'd probably have to back out of, well, not probably, you would have to back out of navigation mode. Then Skype or any other app will work just fine. Instead of pressing the "Home" button, you press the "Back" button until you're at your desktop, then open any application you want from there. For example, I watched the NFL Redzone the entire trip back from North Carolina. Also, I've been known to watch a little Netflix on the way home.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    One other question. Will the MAXX via bluetooth port over to the speaker phone voice commands when you have a navigation application running? Which bring another question to mine: which navigation application do you favor? Thanks.
    Unless you install the navigation app, you can't get into Nav mode without the Motorola Dock. It's a separate home screen that looks completely different from your normal home screen. If I think about it, I'll up load a picture tomorrow of it.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Unless you install the navigation app, you can't get into Nav mode without the Motorola Dock. It's a separate home screen that looks completely different from your normal home screen.
    Hmmm. What navigation app might you be referencing? What I currently have installed is Google Maps Navigation (Beta).
    I also posed this question on the Motorola forum: "I plan on purchasing a Motorola car dock for the MAXX. I would also like to purchase a Motorola portable car speaker that supports blue tooth. When I get the phone and the speaker to connect, will it work using a navigation application? In other words, when I have the MAXX in navigation mode will the phone send the verbal instructions about when to turn, etc. to the speaker?"

The response I got back was: "Yes the naviagation voice will be transmited through the bluetooth speaker, I do this and works great."

If I think about it, I'll up load a picture tomorrow of it.
    Thing about it.
    Telescopist
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Links