Great news. Steinheil has just released the Ultra Crystal screen protectors for the RAZR. For those unfamiliar these are top shelf screen protectors. Not junk. They are dry apply, optically clear, scratch resistant, very resistant to fingerprints and won't affect touch sensitivity. I currently use Steinheil Ultra on my Droid X. When I show people they can't even tell there is a screen protector installed. I will be placing my order in just a few minutes.
Check them out here.
SGP Motorola DROID RAZR Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series - DROID RAZR - Motorola - Cell Phones
You can also find them a little cheaper on their amazon and ebay stores.
And here is some install tips that I wrote up over a year ago:
- Go into your bathroom and shut the door. Turn your shower on hot (or take a shower) and let the steam build up. This will keep dust particles from floating around. Dust is one of the biggest problems when installing any screen protectors.
- Lay the protector on the screen and familiarize yourself on how it fits lines up to all four edges.
- Thoroughly clean the screen using a a microfiber eyeglass cleaning cloth and either eyeglass cleaning solution or a mix of isopropyl alcohol and water. Make sure you clean all the way to the edges. After cleaning the screen clean it again just to be sure.
- Keep a roll of good quality scotch tape with you. Not that gummy generic junk. It will help bring the protector up if you need to realign it. I have found it best to put pieces on opposite corners to peel it up and a long piece across the length to help lay it back down if needed. You can also use the tape method during you initial installation if you want to help align it.
- The protector will have to protective coating on it. One on the adhesive side and one on the side facing out. Do not remove the outside coating until you have it where you want it.
- Take your time!!!!
Use these tips and you should have no issues at all.