DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Rooted the pro and rom'd it with apex now have major problems.HELP!!!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X Rooted ROM Liberty 2.1

Rooted the pro and rom'd it with apex now have major problems.HELP!!!

Ok here it is First I rooted the pro with Bootstrap droid 2 then I saved a bootstrap recovery then went in and wiped all caches and did a wipe and reset installed the apex rom since that was the only one that was stable and reboot and it was working fine for about a day then it stopped checking my emails and back light stopped working lost my WiFi tether and the sync circle never goes away from the notification bar and when I try to look at a email it stays loading for ever cant even look at jpegs from the emails,So i said forget this and was gonna go back to stock and just be rooted well I tried bootstrap to get back in to clockwork and nothing all it does is reboot never goes to clockwork so I have been reading that I'm gonna have to flash with sbf file but every link I find is dead my question is what do I do now? Any help would be great!
    Conquerors never, never conquer a nation to bring freedom. They brought control.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by cananot View Post
    Ok here it is First I rooted the pro with Bootstrap droid 2 then I saved a bootstrap recovery then went in and wiped all caches and did a wipe and reset installed the apex rom since that was the only one that was stable and reboot and it was working fine for about a day then it stopped checking my emails and back light stopped working lost my WiFi tether and the sync circle never goes away from the notification bar and when I try to look at a email it stays loading for ever cant even look at jpegs from the emails,So i said forget this and was gonna go back to stock and just be rooted well I tried bootstrap to get back in to clockwork and nothing all it does is reboot never goes to clockwork so I have been reading that I'm gonna have to flash with sbf file but every link I find is dead my question is what do I do now? Any help would be great!
    I'm fairly certain you are not supposed to use the bootstrap to get into CWM (I know for sure you definitely aren't supposed to for CM7.. not sure if it is the same for Apex). To get into recovery in CM7 I pressed the power button and used the prompt to reboot into recovery (Which in that case was CWM)
    Where are you getting stuck? Try holding volume up and down at the same time to get into stock recovery (to get past the !triangle screen if that's where you're stuck). I'm replying to the resources sticky (Droid Pro Resources Thread (SBF, Root, Update, Instructions)) with SBF thread to get the SBF link updated.
    Will see if I have one on my PC but I don't think I ever downloaded it.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Found the SBFs over on XDA!
    Droid Pro SBF Files! Bricked You Droid? - Page 2 - xda-developersMake sure you watch a youtube video on how to use it through RSD Lite.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Was about to post the xda link too XD
    Don't forget to thank dettofatto (the guy provides the links) =p

Links