DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: [6/18/12] CM9 ICS For the Droid Pro

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A LG Optimus Pro C660
    Is wifi hotspot working on JC's CM9 ... I am on GSM ... BTW ... is it functional at least on CDMA by any chance ?

My sisters family is in town ... they carry 3 tabs on them ... all of them wifi only ... outside my wifi network they are no more than ... kindle fire's - if u r an avid reader ... or ... a game console - if u are gaming buff ... if u r neither of the 2 ... ITS NO MORE THAN UNNECESSARY BAGGAGE !!! ... unless ... one has a wifi hotspot enabled device on them ...

With wifi tablets everywhere ... and the nexus 7 at that price point and size ... a hotspot is unquestionably a very important necessity ...

Developers please help in incorporating a fully functional wifi hotspot on our custom ROMS ...

Cheers!

--- Sent from my DROID Pro ---
    Last edited by aiamuzz; 07-24-2012 at 07:07 AM.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by aiamuzz View Post
    Is wifi hotspot working on JC's CM9 ... I am on GSM ... BTW ... is it functional at least on CDMA by any chance ?

My sisters family is in town ... they carry 3 tabs on them ... all of them wifi only ... outside my wifi network they are no more than ... kindle fire's - if u r an avid reader ... or ... a game console - if u are gaming buff ... if u r neither of the 2 ... ITS NO MORE THAN UNNECESSARY BAGGAGE !!! ... unless ... one has a wifi hotspot enabled device on them ...

With wifi tablets everywhere ... and the nexus 7 at that price point and size ... a hotspot is unquestionably a very important necessity ...

Developers please help in incorporating a fully functional wifi hotspot on our custom ROMS ...

Cheers!

I believe the problem with built in hotspot functionality is that each carrier has their own detection methods, so if it works for you it may not for someone else. leaving it out allows the user to download and install whichever works best for them.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A LG Optimus Pro C660
    Quote Originally Posted by mortimermax View Post
    I believe the problem with built in hotspot functionality is that each carrier has their own detection methods, so if it works for you it may not for someone else. leaving it out allows the user to download and install whichever works best for them.
    Is the built-in hotspot working for anybody ... GSM or CDMA ???

I tried 'Barnacle Wifi Tether' and it connected successfully ... but without any security ... which is not good ... considering 3G data comes at a premium ...

A native Built-in solution is always preferable ... unless its a hard nut to crack ...

4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by aiamuzz View Post
    Is the built-in hotspot working for anybody ... GSM or CDMA ???I tried 'Barnacle Wifi Tether' and it connected successfully ... but without any security ... which is not good ... considering 3G data comes at a premium ...A native Built-in solution is always preferable ... unless its a hard nut to crack ...--- Sent from my DROID Pro ---
    The last one I used that worked on Verizon was this, http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/IIRC it was a bit finicky Haven't tried since moving to GSM network though
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A LG Optimus Pro C660
    Quote Originally Posted by mortimermax View Post
    The last one I used that worked on Verizon was this, http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/IIRC it was a bit finicky Haven't tried since moving to GSM network though
    Thanks ... that one did not work properly ... it connected though but the internet was not there or was slow or was getting timed out ... OpenGarden app worked best for and speed was superfast ...

EDIT : seems the issue was bcos I had enabled manage clients ... which our kernel does not support.

Last edited by aiamuzz; 07-25-2012 at 02:07 AM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid PRO
    I'm using WiFi Tether 3.1 beta6 on CDMA and it works great. I don't use it very often but it has been very reliable.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A LG Optimus Pro C660
    Quote Originally Posted by crmcsh01 View Post
    I'm using WiFi Tether 3.1 beta6 on CDMA and it works great. I don't use it very often but it has been very reliable.
    Switched to WiFi Tether 3.1 beta 14 ... on GSM ... confirmed working ... unfortunately for our kernel, Access Control is not supported ... only connected clients can be viewed but not manageable ...

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A LG Optimus Pro C660
    Hotspot secured and ticked off the not working list ... VideoCam & HWA to go ... Wonder how are Desterly's and _lurker's ROM's cooking !!!

Hoping HWA is going to get knocked off for good once their ROM's are out ... leaving only Video ...

I remember reading somewhere about init2 where one could install custom kernels on the side to bypass locked bootloaders ... not sure I understood ... only if someone shed some light on it ... if u knew ...

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Battery drain

Just want to report one thing that started yesterday. All of a sudden my battery started to drain from full charge to 1% within 2-3 hours without even touching the phone. I checked everything if wi-fi, bluetooth, gps or anything else could be sucking the battery but everything was off. I tried changing the battery but same thing. when the phone is on, the back and the front of the phone is also too hot. Now I am back to official Gingerbread and everything seems to be working fine now. Waiting for next working rom.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    A LG Optimus Pro C660
    Quote Originally Posted by regedit View Post
    Just want to report one thing that started yesterday. All of a sudden my battery started to drain from full charge to 1% within 2-3 hours without even touching the phone. I checked everything if wi-fi, bluetooth, gps or anything else could be sucking the battery but everything was off. I tried changing the battery but same thing. when the phone is on, the back and the front of the phone is also too hot. Now I am back to official Gingerbread and everything seems to be working fine now. Waiting for next working rom.
    Install 'battery calibration' app from the market and follow the instructions ... confirm if that fixed battery drain issue ...

Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Links