DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: [6/18/12] CM9 ICS For the Droid Pro

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by r3j2 View Post
    So, not to beat a dead horse, but in terms of the camera becoming functional: would we have to wait and hope for an official ics kernel update from Motorola in order to get full functionality, or is it something that could be solved even if they decide to drop the phone?
    I wouldn't count on an ICS upgrade. I'm quite surprised we even got Gingerbread.

I'd love to have the functioning camera, but given the advantage I've had with this ROM over others (mainly the fact that data doesn't randomly disconnect) I'm willing to give up the camera.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Both of those points make sense. I always thought that we got GB just because of how similar the Pro is to the D2G.

So, assuming that Motorola has dropped this and the 4.6.8 kernel is all we have, can the API issues be worked around?

I definitely agree with the data switching issues. I'm currently on Apex because of them. Not an ideal solution, but it gives me the functionality I need.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I'm very confident that somebody will write something to give us camera support. The Motorola defy which uses a froyo kernel and libraries has already taken a picture on ics. It looks like a green filter has been placed on the lens and the picture doesn't preview, but they have taken s picture so it's definitely possible for compatibility. There's no timetable though :/ GSM works on the d2g as well as 3g data, but I'm not gonna be home till Tuesday so I will give GSM a shot then

Also, 1% battery increments should work too. Overall, this is looking far more promising than CM7 :-) no settings not sticking and no issues switching between 3g and wifi

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    Last edited by JackpotClavin; 02-19-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    if you'd like to buy me a beer, you can donate here :P thank you!!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Man, I wish I knew something about developing so I could help out.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by JackpotClavin View Post
    I'm very confident that somebody will write something to give us camera support. The Motorola defy which uses a froyo kernel and libraries has already taken a picture on ics. It looks like a green filter has been placed on the lens and the picture doesn't preview, but they have taken s picture so it's definitely possible for compatibility. There's no timetable though :/ GSM works on the d2g as well as 3g data, but I'm not gonna be home till Tuesday so I will give GSM a shot then

Also, 1% battery increments should work too. Overall, this is looking far more promising than CM7 :-) no settings not sticking and no issues switching between 3g and wifi

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    I just installed this rom on my Droid Pro. It seems super fast and very stable. Really good job
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Can anyone recommend a way to get the battery percentage into the status bar?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I just found it under Settigs - System (interface) - Status bar al- Battery status style. But i think you have to reboot after the change

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Tried that, but it doesn't work unfortunately.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Just made a new build, it includes the 1% battery fix which is really cool. However a few things were missing which may help fix GSM. As of right now the Droid 2 Global has working GSM voice but no 3G data. I've implemented all the fixes that the D2G used for GSM, I can only help that makes its way into our builds :-)

Should be a new build in an hour or so

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
    if you'd like to buy me a beer, you can donate here :P thank you!!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Nice! I only use GSM voice right now, so I can definitely test that out and let you know if it works or not. I'm sure the D2G guys are working on data as well. One step at a time. This is going to be a pretty sick ROM by the time everything is incorporated.
Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Links