DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Having problems after trying to update to gingerbread

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID PRO

Having problems after trying to update to gingerbread

Im sorry if anything like this has already been posted

I used the update file on this forum to update my droid pro to gingerbread, everything seemed successful, when rebooted got the red motorola logo, but the red droid logo didnt show the screen was blank but i heard the sound of 'DROID'. I know that the phone booted because pressing certain keys caused a vibration. So i decided to SBF, and now the phone boots with white motorola logo, but after boot only the status bar shows and the touch call button, phone runs very slow can access the list of apps but cannot run anything. have to keep doing battery pull. any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: Okay factory resetted the phone and its working normally but still cant manage to update to gingerbread its driving me crazy!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jay.Weezy.2012; 10-14-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    Jay Weezy - Life Is A B*tch, Death Is Her Sister, Sleep Is Her Cousin, What A Family Picture

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay.Weezy.2012 View Post
    Im sorry if anything like this has already been posted

I used the update file on this forum to update my droid pro to gingerbread, everything seemed successful, when rebooted got the red motorola logo, but the red droid logo didnt show the screen was blank but i heard the sound of 'DROID'. I know that the phone booted because pressing certain keys caused a vibration. So i decided to SBF, and now the phone boots with white motorola logo, but after boot only the status bar shows and the touch call button, phone runs very slow can access the list of apps but cannot run anything. have to keep doing battery pull. any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: Okay factory resetted the phone and its working normally but still cant manage to update to gingerbread its driving me crazy!!!!!!!!
    Are you running Froyo with the OTA updates (2.26 and 3.8.7) applied. When you sbf'd you also needed to apply the two updates just mentioned. If you didn't do the two updates then the current Verizon OTA update to Gingerbread will not download and install. You can download and flash the two updates and that will bring your phone up to date and ready to receive the current Verizon update to Gingerbread 2.3.3.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID PRO
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
    Are you running Froyo with the OTA updates (2.26 and 3.8.7) applied. When you sbf'd you also needed to apply the two updates just mentioned. If you didn't do the two updates then the current Verizon OTA update to Gingerbread will not download and install. You can download and flash the two updates and that will bring your phone up to date and ready to receive the current Verizon update to Gingerbread 2.3.3.
    Thanks for replying to my thread.

Good news is, after i factory resetted and installed the two updates, the gingerbread update rolled thru the phones update menu. So now im running gingerbread and its awesome!!
    Jay Weezy - Life Is A B*tch, Death Is Her Sister, Sleep Is Her Cousin, What A Family Picture
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay.Weezy.2012 View Post
    Thanks for replying to my thread.

Good news is, after i factory resetted and installed the two updates, the gingerbread update rolled thru the phones update menu. So now im running gingerbread and its awesome!!
    Glad it's working for you.

Links