First time poster, long-time lurker.
I have spent the last three days going through old threads. I have been actually reading them, dutifully following links, downloading apk's (whatever the hell they are), pulling my battery, pulling my hair, and kicking my dog. The source of all of this activity... trying to root my Droid Pro. Here's my question.
Can this puppy be "easily" rooted?
Let me qualify a bit.
1. I have a Droid Pro from Verizon
2. I have System Version 3.8.7.XT610
3. It is using Android 2.2.1
4. The build number is 3.4.2_80_V2_87
5. When I say easily, I would prefer not hooking it up via USB, but I will if it can be untethered after that.
6. I will entertain a fully-tethered approach as long as it is not a brick between rebooting and tethering.
I'll hang up and listen to the answers.