DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Gonna build cyanogenmod 7 for the pro

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Sorry, by "pull it from the 825 build" I mean open the zip for 825 and find the apk(s) in the /system/app folder.

I said 828 before but I guess it was 825...clearly 7:30 on a Saturday is too early to be messing with this :P

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
    Last edited by gurase; 10-01-2011 at 05:31 AM.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    dutchshrek
    Phone
    HTC INC (CM7)(vzw)
    Lol thanks ill try it out later on wwhen I'm home

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro CM7 - ver 902
    So, I'm on the 902 version (which is AWESOME by the way). Am curious if there have been any subsequent updates? I keep checking the forum here, but it seems like that's the latest and greatest. If I'm wrong, can someone point me to where I can find any updates? Love to see what new fixes and/or features may be awaiting my (now spectacular) phone!!!

Thanks,
    Brad
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Sorry development has been a little slow, there was a change to the cyanogenmod source that rendered our cameras useless (wouldn't connect) (droid x, droid 2, global had this problem as well) but that has been taken care of, I haven't had any connection problems between switching from 3G to wifi and back and forth in the last day, so I think I think I've found a fix for that (you have to ensure your phone doesn't turn on with the wifi on so make sure you turn the wifi off before powering off or restarting) and I will fix that stupid portrait virtual keyboard issue that I failed to fix before the last build. There haven't been many things you've missed in the last month or so (a new lock screen has been implemented and source code optimization). The battery life for the newer builds has been an hour or shorter than the build you guys are running (can't find out why, haven't really looked, but is still really annoying) but other than that, there should be a new build posted tomorrow morning and I will post my speedy 3.8.7 to Gingerbread kernel .zip file so you don't have to do the fully install to gingerbread, then wipe.

I will also need a test dummy for going from 2.26.60 (the old froyo base for cyanogenmod 7) to 3.8.7 and then from 3.8.7 to Gingerbread. It will be four .zip files that you will need to flash, they're only like 5 megabytes each so all for should take a combined 2-3 minutes in clockwork. Please PM me if you'd like to be my guinea pig, have a full battery and be willing to SBF if something goes wrong (you won't brick your phone, you will just need to SBF)
    Last edited by JackpotClavin; 10-04-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    if you'd like to buy me a beer, you can donate here :P thank you!!
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JackpotClavin View Post
    Sorry development has been a little slow, there was a change to the cyanogenmod source that rendered our cameras useless (wouldn't connect) (droid x, droid 2, global had this problem as well) but that has been taken care of, I haven't had any connection problems between switching from 3G to wifi and back and forth in the last day, so I think I think I've found a fix for that (you have to ensure your phone doesn't turn on with the wifi on so make sure you turn the wifi off before powering off or restarting) and I will fix that stupid portrait virtual keyboard issue that I failed to fix before the last build. There haven't been many things you've missed in the last month or so (a new lock screen has been implemented and source code optimization). The battery life for the newer builds has been an hour or shorter than the build you guys are running (can't find out why, haven't really looked, but is still really annoying) but other than that, there should be a new build posted tomorrow morning and I will post my speedy 3.8.7 to Gingerbread kernel .zip file so you don't have to do the fully install to gingerbread, then wipe.

I will also need a test dummy for going from 2.26.60 (the old froyo base for cyanogenmod 7) to 3.8.7 and then from 3.8.7 to Gingerbread. It will be four .zip files that you will need to flash, they're only like 5 megabytes each so all for should take a combined 2-3 minutes in clockwork. Please PM me if you'd like to be my guinea pig, have a full battery and be willing to SBF if something goes wrong (you won't brick your phone, you will just need to SBF)
    Really appreciate the builds you have been putting out.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro CM7 - ver 902
    REALLY appreciate it! Enjoy the beer.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Jackpot, if you still need that guinea pig, let me know. I'm on 902, but I don't mind SBFing back to stock Froyo to help you out.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I self-tested my 2.26.60 ===> 3.8.7 ===> Gingerbread where you can wipe everything and install the zip. Something I did not take into account was going from 2.26.60 ===> 3.8.7 updated your bootloader, which is kind of a scary word and I didn't want one of you to brick your devices. Anyways it worked fine, and I made a brand new thread where I will update the first post anytime I make a new build so you won't have to dig through 68 pages of this thread to find a build or a change log. It's under Droid Pro Hacks, you'll see it =)
    if you'd like to buy me a beer, you can donate here :P thank you!!
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Links