DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Gonna build cyanogenmod 7 for the pro

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by JackpotClavin View Post
    Since all has been going slow on the development front due to the temporary stoppage in builds, I decided to make a two-part update to just the gingerbread kernel do you guys will no longer have to install the entire GB system, then root, then reboot, then wipe, then install. Instead, if coming from 3.8.7, you can root and install the bootstrapper, install these two .zips, then WITHOUT LEAVING CLOCKWORKMOD, wipe, and install one of my .zips or you can also restore from a previous backup. To install these two .zips take all of about thirty seconds which is much shorter than the ten minutes it takes to install the full zip =) the two also only take up only around 10 megabytes combined.

I've also fixed the wifi problems by using newer modules from the GB build rather than froyo which probably caused those stupid wifi issues and the team working on the Droid 2 Global may have possibly found the answer to what has caused those stupid sticky settings bugs were the settings stick if powered on with wifi on and have possibly found a fix. If their fix is successful, I'll most certainly publish a new build for y'all
    Glad to hear from you again Clavin. Looking forward in trying out your new build!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motosola droid pro
    Only for understand the hard job, we can see the updates from hxxp://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3546-DEV_THREAD-Droid-2-Global-CM7-with-Gingerbread-Leak-Kernel/page103

I think that in that forum are working also for our pro!
    Thank to JackpotClavin!
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Awesome work jackpot! Does this mean that I can use the 2 part zip to upgrade from the 808 build of cm7? I have been putting it off just to avoid all the sbfing and then updating back. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro

Droid Pro build background?

Quote Originally Posted by JackpotClavin View Post
    Since all has been going slow on the development front due to the temporary stoppage in builds, I decided to make a two-part update...so you guys will no longer have to install the entire GB system
    I never knew where the code was coming from originally. So the build was actually ported over from a Droid 2 build? Interesting...
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    dutchshrek
    Phone
    HTC INC (CM7)(vzw)
    Quote Originally Posted by r3j2 View Post
    Awesome work jackpot! Does this mean that I can use the 2 part zip to upgrade from the 808 build of cm7? I have been putting it off just to avoid all the sbfing and then updating back. Thanks!

Same question from me m8...I'm on 902 so can I update directly? (after you put it up obviously)
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    the builds are made from modified droid x cyanogenmod source. the droid 2 and droid 2 global use the droid x source too, just modified for their devices

as for coming from the old build's kernel, that will be iffy because we will have to jump two kernel versions, so there might have to be an additional .zip to update you guys to 3.8.7, then you guys can install the GB kernel and the second zip that comes with the GB kernel
    if you'd like to buy me a beer, you can donate here :P thank you!!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID Pro
    Wait, so if we have 902 installed and running (which I do and I must say it is running awesome), will we be able to use this new build? If so, how? And finally, where can the .zips be found?

Thanks again for all your effort Jackpot. The battery life alone (to say nothing of the super smooth interface) has made my DPro finally the phone I wanted it to be.
    kiwimalayalee likes this.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro GB
    Will we have it today Calvin? Can't wait for the new build with all the solved connectivity Issues.

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Sorry to be thickheaded, but how risky is risky? As in, brick my phone risky, or just mess stuff up and have to sbf anyway risky? If there is some chance of success, I would be willing to try it. It would be great to get the updates by jumping from one version of cm to another, instead of having to go back to stock and then to cm.

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    Will this build fix the on screen keyboard so it doesn't come up in portrait mode? Honestly that annoys me more than the wifi issues.

Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Links