DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 132

Thread: 2.3.3 Gingerbread OTA update zip file download

  1. Junior Droid
    hanybanoub's Avatar
    Member #
    174801
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Pro
    #11
    Thanks for your replies guys.

    I never extracted it. I downloaded, then renamed to update.zip, copied to SD card in phone and tried to update from recovery mode.

    It was the same process I used before to manually update to 3.87 or whatever it was called.

    What else should I try? Pls help.

    Btw could there be leftover files on the sd card from last manual update that's causing this?

    PS I even downloaded file again but still same message.

    Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums
  2. Master Droid
    google123's Avatar
    Member #
    120811
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    473
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Pro CM7
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by hanybanoub View Post
    Thanks for your replies guys.

    I never extracted it. I downloaded, then renamed to update.zip, copied to SD card in phone and tried to update from recovery mode.

    It was the same process I used before to manually update to 3.87 or whatever it was called.

    What else should I try? Pls help.

    Btw could there be leftover files on the sd card from last manual update that's causing this?

    PS I even downloaded file again but still same message.

    Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums
    The zip file that you download has a .zip extension. Unzip it and inside you will find a zip file called update.zip. This is the actual file that you need on the root of your SD card. Don't just rename the downloaded file. Open it and use the file inside. As a way to check, once you open the file and double click the update.zip file inside, you will notice inside of it, the system files and folders.
  3. Developer Relations
    guidot's Avatar
    Member #
    36269
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,363
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    #13
    I'll have it dropboxed if you need a backup.

    1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Junior Droid
    vivid22's Avatar
    Member #
    190851
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by google123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hanybanoub View Post
    Thanks for your replies guys.

    I never extracted it. I downloaded, then renamed to update.zip, copied to SD card in phone and tried to update from recovery mode.

    It was the same process I used before to manually update to 3.87 or whatever it was called.

    What else should I try? Pls help.

    Btw could there be leftover files on the sd card from last manual update that's causing this?

    PS I even downloaded file again but still same message.

    Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums
    The zip file that you download has a .zip extension. Unzip it and inside you will find a zip file called update.zip. This is the actual file that you need on the root of your SD card. Don't just rename the downloaded file. Open it and use the file inside. As a way to check, once you open the file and double click the update.zip file inside, you will notice inside of it, the system files and folders.
    Ditto to what I said before. It is crucial that you DO NOT unzip the update.zip file inside the download file! This file has a signature verification by Motorola and will not work once extracted and then rezipped. Hence, just open the download file, find the update.zip in the folder and extract this file (as is, leave the contents zipped!) onto your SD card root. Then, just boot into recovery and it should work like a charm.
  5. Master Droid
    Kaos2flo's Avatar
    Member #
    46601
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    265
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    #15
    Ok so when I download the file, it is called "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP"

    Which of these steps do I use?,
    1. Rename the downloaded file from "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP" to "update.zip"?
    2. Extract the downloaded file, "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP" and get a folder called 2.3.3 and inside there's a update.zip file?
    3. Extract the update.zip file from the 2.3.3 folder(from step above) and get another update.zip?

    EDIT: Ok so I used the third step. And that worked. So like google123 said, to make sure which one to use, open up the update.zip file and the system files should be in there.
    Last edited by Kaos2flo; 06-02-2011 at 07:14 AM.
  6. Moderator
    bsweetness's Avatar
    Member #
    42719
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos2flo View Post
    Ok so when I download the file, it is called "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP"

    Which of these steps do I use?,
    1. Rename the downloaded file from "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP" to "update.zip"?
    2. Extract the downloaded file, "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP" and get a folder called 2.3.3 and inside there's a update.zip file?
    3. Extract the update.zip file from the 2.3.3 folder(from step above) and get another update.zip?
    Copy the update.zip file out of the folder from number 2 and paste it in the root of your sd card.

    There's nothing too complicated about the process - download the file in the thread, unzip it, open the unzipped folder, copy "update.zip" to your sd card. Then boot into recovery. There's nothing to rename and only one time you should extract anything from a zip file.
    Last edited by bsweetness; 06-02-2011 at 07:17 AM.
  7. Junior Droid
    vivid22's Avatar
    Member #
    190851
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos2flo View Post
    Ok so when I download the file, it is called "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP"

    Which of these steps do I use?,
    1. Rename the downloaded file from "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP" to "update.zip"?
    2. Extract the downloaded file, "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP" and get a folder called 2.3.3 and inside there's a update.zip file?
    3. Extract the update.zip file from the 2.3.3 folder(from step above) and get another update.zip?
    1. Open the file.
    2. You will see a folder "2.3.3 ... " or something similar
    3. Open that folder and you will find a file update.zip
    4. This is the file you need!!
    5. Extract the folder "2.3.3.." somewhere where you remember
    6. Once you have done so, go into the folder and copy the "update.zip" file
    7. Paste it on your SD card in the root directory (main folder of the card)
    8. Power down phone
    9. Turn on phone by pressing Power + R + M at the same time, let go of the buttons as soon as you see the Motorola logo
    10. You will see the "!" logo, press @ to enter the Recovery mode
    11. There, navigate with the volume keys to apply update
    12. Let it work its magic, and reboot when it prompts you too at the end

    Hope that helps!
  8. Master Droid
    Kaos2flo's Avatar
    Member #
    46601
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    265
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by vivid22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos2flo View Post
    Ok so when I download the file, it is called "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP"

    Which of these steps do I use?,
    1. Rename the downloaded file from "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP" to "update.zip"?
    2. Extract the downloaded file, "Droid Pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP" and get a folder called 2.3.3 and inside there's a update.zip file?
    3. Extract the update.zip file from the 2.3.3 folder(from step above) and get another update.zip?
    1. Open the file.
    2. You will see a folder "2.3.3 ... " or something similar
    3. Open that folder and you will find a file update.zip
    4. This is the file you need!!
    5. Extract the folder "2.3.3.." somewhere where you remember
    6. Once you have done so, go into the folder and copy the "update.zip" file
    7. Paste it on your SD card in the root directory (main folder of the card)
    8. Power down phone
    9. Turn on phone by pressing Power + R + M at the same time, let go of the buttons as soon as you see the Motorola logo
    10. You will see the "!" logo, press @ to enter the Recovery mode
    11. There, navigate with the volume keys to apply update
    12. Let it work its magic, and reboot when it prompts you too at the end

    Hope that helps!
    thank you so much for laying it out like this step by step!
  9. Master Droid
    tennvol's Avatar
    Member #
    8306
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    322
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #19
    I really can't wait for the GB love but im about to catch a flight and don't want to jack my phone up before leaving, although it is tempting.

    Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums
  10. Junior Droid
    Omgitsjack's Avatar
    Member #
    151595
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid Pro
    #20
    I did it...updated to gb. Yay

    Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Need 2.3.20 SBF file. Where to download?
    By xmguy in forum Motorola Droid 2 Development
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 03:14 AM
  2. download any file through browser?
    By jpayne97 in forum cvpcs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 12:17 PM
  3. Download the file flash_image from here.
    By Dxun in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 12:44 PM
  4. File Download
    By vandyike in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 11:40 AM
  5. zip file download on DROID
    By Martin030908 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 08:23 PM

Search tags for this page

download update.zip

,
droid 2 update.zip
,

droid pro gingerbread download

,

droid x2 gingerbread

,

droid x2 gingerbread update

,

gingerbread 2.3.3 download

,

gingerbread update download

,
update.zip
,
update.zip android download
,

update.zip download

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+